The YouTube TV Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As if I didn't already hate the Yankees enough, but now they are leveraging their clout to blackout nationally televised Yankee games on YTTV? I can't believe MLB would allow a marquee franchise to never appear on TV screens nationwide for this season and however many more to come on a service that has at least 2 million customers and continues to grow.

As far as wanting to pay a lower rate than other providers, I would assume YTTV was trying to factor in customer data and their ability to sell targeted advertising into the deal to get the rate down.

They are referring to the "YouTube Game of the week" that is in the 2nd half of the season. I did not think teams could opt out of that as I doubt many teams want to lose games from their RSNs I am curious what ends up happening there.

Yankees cannot do anything about nationally televised games on FOX/FS1/ESPN/TBS

The WPIX games they may/may not be able to do anything, they would have to yank the streaming rights away from WPIX which may not be possible if a contract is already signed. Even if they can that would effect every streaming service not just YouTube TV so I really doubt they go that route.

Reactions: Zookster
They are referring to the "YouTube Game of the week" that is in the 2nd half of the season. I did not think teams could opt out of that as I doubt many teams want to lose games from their RSNs I am curious what ends up happening there.

The WPIX games they may/may not be able to do anything, they would have to yank the streaming rights away from WPIX which may not be possible if a contract is already signed. Even if they can that would effect every streaming service not just YouTube TV so I really doubt they go that route.

The WPIX games have already been announced to be streaming on Amazon for Prime subs in the NY coverage area.

The WPIX games have already been announced to be streaming on Amazon for Prime subs in the NY coverage area.

That is also a option, but was referring to WPIX on YouTubeTV in case someone does not have Prime. Either way there is a decent amount of Yankee games on YouTubeTV even without YES.

Reactions: osu1991
This is awesome. Cord cutting is supposed to save money. If they give into the RSN's like cable and Directv did, we will be paying those high rates again. It's time to stand up to some of these damn sports teams. Don't forget, they need us to survive.

I don't know... Depends on the rights. The Yankees may control who has the rights to stream the game even though it's broadcast nationally. My local MLS team has an agreement with a local OTA station to broadcast the game, and you can get the game on that channel via cable, sat, and OTA. The local streaming rights went to another company, so the game is blacked out on the channel on YTTV and other streamers that carry the OTA channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WPIX isn’t available on YTTV so that’s not really a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I take that back. Looks like it isn't-

A102F6B2-8047-48CE-9664-75314BF8656E.png

When I go to watch my networks/locals and also local RSN on YTTV, it requires me to allow location checking. If I am out of town, does this mean I can't get my local news, sports, networks, RSN?

Second question: I wanted to just put the TV on a channel and watch the channel live all evening (three shows in a row I like) so I went to the "live" to get the guide, clicked on the program on the network I wanted to watch, but at the end of the show it stopped rather than just keep watching the channel. Am I missing something or does it not let you just tune to a network and leave it there?

You get 30 days, so if you are out of town you will get the locals in that town but still the RSN from home.

EVERY time you login from home, you extend your 30 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ah, so if I read you right, I set my locals right before I leave home, I'll still get them for 30 days after I leave town? Cool.

And any answers on the second question?

Be careful with that... last I checked WPIX wasn't live. That "The CW" is misleading, it also can mean their "national" on demand feed of CW programming. There isn't a station logo, so I'd bet WPIX is still missing.

Also, can anybody "confirm" that local behavior has changed? I subscribed to YouTube TV when it first came out. Anytime I went outside my home area (like when I went to work) it put me in a different market and only allowed me to stream that market's channels live. I could still set things to record on my "home" network stations, but could only watch those after the programs ended.

Does it still behave that way, or does it act differently now? I've heard if you use Apple TV, Fire TV, etc it always gives you the locals you are signed up for but if you use an iPad or Mobile Device with location it gives you locals from where you physically are. That would be a change from the way it was when I signed up before.

Second question: I wanted to just put the TV on a channel and watch the channel live all evening (three shows in a row I like) so I went to the "live" to get the guide, clicked on the program on the network I wanted to watch, but at the end of the show it stopped rather than just keep watching the channel. Am I missing something or does it not let you just tune to a network and leave it there?
Like some other streaming services do to save data, YouTube TV automatically shuts off after 4 hours of inactivity. If that wasn't the case in this instance, it might be because you are recording whatever show you had selected in your guide, so it acted as if you had reached the end of a recording rather than watching live TV from one show to the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)