The YouTube TV Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Back with YTTV, bought a Google Play $100 card for 50% off, so I redeemed and re-activated it.

Wife is happier, she does not have to keep switching apps on the Roku from Antenna to say Hulu for example, she will keep it on YTTV and just switch channels.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Back with YTTV, bought a Google Play $100 card for 50% off, so I redeemed and re-activated it.

Wife is happier, she does not have to keep switching apps on the Roku from Antenna to say Hulu for example, she will keep it on YTTV and just switch channels.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
:hail

keep_your_wife_happy_greeting_card.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dhpeeple1
Learned a new trick today...

Family sharing. You can add 6 family members to the account and they have essentially their own account. Separate DVR and all.

Only catch... They have to sign in to the account once every three months in your home area.

The other side of it is that they get your home area local TV stations, not locals where they are watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make the “trick” useful :)

Create gmail.com addresses for everyone. You then login every 89 days using those accounts.

The three simultaneous stream limit applies to all family members the account us shared with.

And a potential use case is kids off at college.

Make the “trick” useful :)

Create gmail.com addresses for everyone. You then login every 89 days using those accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Humm, well I think you actually have to sign in with a location-based device like cell phone. Going through that right now MLB games are being blocked. I can still watch recorded games 24 hours later but not live.

Humm, well I think you actually have to sign in with a location-based device like cell phone. Going through that right now MLB games are being blocked. I can still watch recorded games 24 hours later but not live.
I wonder if one of the location faking apps would take care of the "home" sign-on issue. There's a "Fake GPS" app for Android phones and the "Location Guard" extensions for Chrome and Firefox that can show your device as being anywhere you want. I've used both to test Locast's new cities as they come online.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I wonder if one of the location faking apps would take care of the "home" sign-on issue. There's a "Fake GPS" app for Android phones and the "Location Guard" extensions for Chrome and Firefox that can show your device as being anywhere you want. I've used both to test Locast's new cities as they come online.

Signing on to You Tube TV at the home location will do the trick. Just have a phone or browser log into the other account occasionally. There is a bit of a privacy concern, but its kept within the family.

Reactions: camo
It will. That’s how I “move” with YTTV.

Signing on to You Tube TV at the home location will do the trick. Just have a phone or browser log into the other account occasionally. There is a bit of a privacy concern, but its kept within the family.
I'm thinking more of when you're not at the home location for extended periods. Fulltime RV'ers, snowbirds, etc., might find an alternative method a workable solution.

I had a notice (in Birmingham, AL) on YTTV last night that we'd lost our regional Fox Sports network. I see that Fox Sports South is still active. I don't see FS Southeast. Did YTTV lose FS SE and keep Fox Sports South? And does anyone know if Fox Sports South carries all of the Braves games (i.e. what do we lose by losing Fox Sports Southeast?)

I had a notice (in Birmingham, AL) on YTTV last night that we'd lost our regional Fox Sports network. I see that Fox Sports South is still active. I don't see FS Southeast. Did YTTV lose FS SE and keep Fox Sports South? And does anyone know if Fox Sports South carries all of the Braves games (i.e. what do we lose by losing Fox Sports Southeast?)
The few times I’ve watched either of them they seem to show the same games. I don’t see where it’s a loss really.

Yes

Hey guys trying 2 week free trial now. Have Dish currently but use it so little anymore that I figure why waste the money. Works great. One question I do have is about audio. No DD? Sounds like 2 channel pcm?

I'll give it a try, thanks. Yes, it's all in the family.

Hey guys trying 2 week free trial now. Have Dish currently but use it so little anymore that I figure why waste the money. Works great. One question I do have is about audio. No DD? Sounds like 2 channel pcm?

All live TV and things you actually record are in stereo. Some VOD has 5.1 audio. That’s pretty much the way it is with the live streaming services.

All live TV and things you actually record are in stereo. Some VOD has 5.1 audio. That’s pretty much the way it is with the live streaming services.
Thanks for the info. I’ll miss DD but I still have Ota too. Picture is good and easy to use. Looks like I’ll be leaving Dish after 18 years.

Had an issue tonight where YTTV decided to record all my evening shows as if I was in Colorado Springs, and then wouldn't play back the recordings. I got a code when I tried to play back a show which I reported, but it kind of sucks that that I have shows I cannot watch now. Luckily, I have what is important on my Recast, but that is no guarantee.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)