The YouTube TV Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Seeing that YTTV added NFL Network I just cannot justify the price I pay each month anymore so I'm out.
I will keep Philo and I have been watching Pluto TV alot more.
I don't get it. You're leaving because YTTV added a channel with no corresponding price increase? Would it have been better if YTTV removed channels and kept the price the same?

I don't get it. You're leaving because YTTV added a channel with no corresponding price increase? Would it have been better if YTTV removed channels and kept the price the same?

No you have to understand I am not sports oriented that's where I am coming from no offense intended.
I am beginning to believe the answer for those like me is to be able to purchase channels separately,which on some channels is available.

YTTV just hiked their price by $15 in the last few months. I have to believe this was factored into that price hike since these negotiations take some time to conclude.

YTTV just hiked their price by $15 in the last few months. I have to believe this was factored into that price hike since these negotiations take some time to conclude.
I hope so because for $15 those channels stuffed down our throat were the worse. By including the NFL Network makes more sense.

Reactions: Zookster
No you have to understand I am not sports oriented that's where I am coming from no offense intended.
I am beginning to believe the answer for those like me is to be able to purchase channels separately,which on some channels is available.
I definitely would have canceled with this last big price increase if I wasn't into sports, especially with the delayed return of so many other shows. If sports hadn't come back recently, I would have at least paused the service.

I hope so because for $15 those channels stuffed down our throat were the worse. By including the NFL Network makes more sense.
I had always assumed we'd at least be getting NFL Network as well, but it wouldn't be announced until closer to when the season started to promote subscriptions to Red Zone. We still haven't seen the back half of those Viacom channels get added to the service, and for that matter we still don't even know if they'll be included in the base package or be part of an add-on pack.

I definitely would have canceled with this last big price increase if I wasn't into sports, especially with the delayed return of so many other shows. If sports hadn't come back recently, I would have at least paused the service.
There is a need for more channel owners to come out with their own packages like Discovery's new package of the channels they own.
The Smithsonian channel can be purchased by itself and History's Vault also.YTTV is starting to become a package that reminds me of when I had
DirecTV,then Dish,then Charter Spectrum cable.It started to remind me of those providers so much I had to cancel my YTTV, I can see the writing on the wall.
I will keep Philo for now,but if they start to add a bunch of channels also they will be the next on my list to cancel.
I will miss YTTV's guide I liked it the best of all I tried.But I am not sports oriented and I did not need the Viacom channels so I don't have any other options.

They lost me on the last price hike.

Yeah, I was willing to try switching to AT&T TV Now to save $10/month, but my wife didn't want to change again. I haven't found anything that gives us what we need for less without serious loss of functionality.

NFL Network is really overrated. 8 to 10 new games a year, a bunch of talking head shows and reruns of old games. Redzone without the Network would be a much better deal. But we know that will never happen.

Reactions: Yespage
Received following email just before from YTTV...

Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.
Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.
This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ncted
Thank goodness. More MVDPs need to stand up to stand up to regional sports channel owners, especially Sinclair. The last thing YTTV needs is another price increase.

Finally a official number for the sub count-

In Google’s Q3 earnings call today, the company announced that YouTube TV has surpassed 3 million subscribers

Reactions: SpaethCo and ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)