TheCOOLTV Gone from 97W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was looking forward to The Cool TV on FTA. Missed it since the local full power channel dropped it. But the owner of a local LP channel told me - he will soon be getting it. Down side is I will lose either MyFamilyTV, TuffTV, or RTV. He's keeping PBJ for sure, and I won't miss MyFamily if it goes. Tuff and RTV are FTA so I'm good with that too.

Options for getting The Cool TV? Contact any local LP stations and see if they will carry it. You can also get it on Roku using PlayOn and a script/plugin - http://www.playonscripts.com/?w=view&id=946

I'm pretty sure PMC music is gone as well. I enjoyed that as well as Cool Tv. Not happy!

Catamount

I'm really bummed about PMC music as well. I just want to know if its gone forever and was it part of the Iranian takedown by western governments.

At least The Cool TV is still there in the listings. I think it has a chance of returning if they can sell to small markets that just want to take the satellite feed and rebroadcast.

Not sure, but I wouldn't think so. PMC went off before the Iran take downs. In addition, they mostly serve the ex-pat Persian community (as do the majority of the Persian language stations on the air on 97W). It was founded in London and its headquarters is in Dubai, not Iran. Therefore, it probably has more to do with finances than politics.

At least The Cool TV is still there in the listings. I think it has a chance of returning if they can sell to small markets that just want to take the satellite feed and rebroadcast.

Thats what they were doing. When the blank screen showed up on FTA folks wondered about it on their (cooltv's) spacebook site
When "Q Test" showed up they said the same thing

They are probably doing a fiber back haul to their affiliates. Sounds like they are a low budget provider.

it's even lower budget than that. COOLTV doesn't need to feed a linear service to their affiliates. They just need to push ads and music videos onto video playout servers at their affiliates where the channel is generated.

The Cool TV update

A posting from Facebook in regards to FTA:

The satellite feed just did not add that many more viewers. The cost was not sustainable so we had to pull the plug on it for now. We hope to bring it back as well as web and mobile streaming
of THECOOLTV in the near future. Stay 'Tuned' for more info.

Maybe they should talk to SatelliteAV. Get broadcast in/on an existing MUX. That's gotta be cheaper than 'independent'. I'd like to see it back, but can't imagine a local station near here, carrying it on a subchannel.
Being dropped by so many stations didn't help. But then I don't understand how they can pay a station, for transmission, when they run no ads.[AFAIK] Where do they get their revenue??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheCoolTV#Dropped_Affiliations
IIRR, MTV started that way. The record companies basically gave them the videos as promotional material.[to boost sales] (I'm sure, deducting $$ as advertising) and having the viewer as the revenue source. That alone didn't last long. Adverts were added, quite quickly, for an additional revenue stream.
That said, I don't expect an early return to satellite.:(

A posting from Facebook in regards to FTA:

The satellite feed just did not add that many more viewers. The cost was not sustainable so we had to pull the plug on it for now. We hope to bring it back as well as web and mobile streaming
of THECOOLTV in the near future. Stay 'Tuned' for more info.

I'm sorry but thats a load of monkey s**t. The satellite feed is what fed most of their affiliates recently. They probably didnt pay the bill like they havent to every other provider.
Interesting how when they dropped it and it went to Q Test or whatever it showed on the FTA stream folks were complaining that was on their OTA too....so obviously the FTA feed was being used. PLus a couple months earlier they said "we will be on satellite for a long time"...hmmm 2 months is a long time to them.

(by the way I'm not blaming you....you just posted what you read) ;)

Whoops, you're right. [existing Mux] Still, the rest applies - How does a 'no revenue' model work? Somebody fill me in, I just don't 'understand, how you can 'make money' when there's nothing 'coming in'. I don't, even for a second, believe the owners [of the 'rights] of the videos were paying them to air them. Even if in 'public domain' free isn't free. Who's paying "the bill"?

Whoops, you're right. [existing Mux] Still, the rest applies - How does a 'no revenue' model work? Somebody fill me in, I just don't 'understand, how you can 'make money' when there's nothing 'coming in'. I don't, even for a second, believe the owners [of the 'rights] of the videos were paying them to air them. Even if in 'public domain' free isn't free. Who's paying "the bill"?

I thought they had some short infomercial type ads once or twice an hour?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)