Status
Please reply by conversation.

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
guess there will never be another 422 box made if Brian can not make it happen.
there has been a up tic of feeds in the past 8 months.before <6 a week now 10>
but most of us have a solution by now..........
a new 422 box would kill az sales if less in costs.

guess there will never be another 422 box made if Brian can not make it happen.
there has been a up tic of feeds in the past 8 months.before <6 a week now 10>
but most of us have a solution by now..........
a new 422 box would kill az sales if less in costs.

Don't you know you sound like a teenager begging dad for the car keys???

Anyway, there are other options out there. I have noticed an uptick in 4:2:2 as well.

Go pc card or used professional receiver if you got the scratch. With all the AzBox drama and a new owner I wouldn't touch one of their units.

I had been considering a MicroHD or even this new one but yet again no 4:2:2. Bought an AZBox last week.
I love it so far. I watch sports live. Not about to mess with a computer to record & watch the game. I want it live & on the TV. :)

I had been considering a MicroHD or even this new one but yet again no 4:2:2. Bought an AZBox last week.

Nice purchase.. yup gotta love all those 422 feeds that pop up and without the hassle of having a PC turned on just to see em.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

pro96 said:
Nice purchase.. yup gotta love all those 422 feeds that pop up and without the hassle of having a PC turned on just to see em.

Absolutely. I should have bought one of these a long time ago! :)

I agree with Brian..you want 422..AZBOX makes a receiver for you folks.I love the MicroHD and will probably buy the new GEOSATpro when it comes out...

Absolutely. I should have bought one of these a long time ago! :)

Yeap indeed. Ive had my Azbox elite HD for years. Its the first generation but works like a champ.

Although it doesnt do Blind scan its no biggie, I simply do it either my S10 or X2 HD. :D

Yeah....whatever you do just dont buy a clone Azbox.. Ok bad joke!

Cheers, K

Haha if the clone can do 422 its OK by me.

Haha if the clone can do 422 its OK by me.

On behalf of all companies who invest in distributing quality products with all licenses and compliance requirements, provide customer support and support hobbyist forums...

Thank you for your support!

pro96 said:
Yeap indeed. Ive had my Azbox elite HD for years. Its the first generation but works like a champ.

Although it doesnt do Blind scan its no biggie, I simply do it either my S10 or X2 HD. :D

Elite HD. That's the same one I got. Bought it from a member here. That's how I do it now. Blindscan with my Pansat 9200. Feed comes up with audio but no video, enter the parameters into Elite HD & boom!
Watching it, 4:2:2 style. :D

Elite HD. That's the same one I got. Bought it from a member here. That's how I do it now. Blindscan with my Pansat 9200. Feed comes up with audio but no video, enter the parameters into Elite HD & boom!
Watching it, 4:2:2 style. :D

Thats how u roll too .. nice

I must be missing something here... How is a $$$$ STB providing a better 4:2:2 experience than the $25 PCI DVBS card using free software? ;)

Takes less than 30 seconds to launch and input the Transponder and Symbol Rate. Because it is slaved, don't even need to input a polarity....

Just saying... :cool:

SatelliteAV said:
I must be missing something here... How is a $$$$ STB providing a better 4:2:2 experience than the $25 PCI DVBS card using free software? ;)

Takes less than 30 seconds to launch and input the Transponder and Symbol Rate. Because it is slaved, don't even need to input a polarity....

Just saying... :cool:

Because I watch TV on the TV and surf the web on the computer. I don't want, or need the possible hassles of needing a PC for TV. To me the AZ is the only STB out there that isn't "more of the same"...
Box after box with no 4:2:2.... I believe THAT'S where this comes in:
:dead

The GEOSATpro HDVR1200 will be released for Glorystar service in March, 2013. Hobbyist full FTA experience will be available shortly after the release.

No 4:2:2, VCM or MIS support planned at this time.

Well it was quoted very clearly in the first post here that there would be no 4:2:2
Some folks would love to see it but Brian has made it clear he does not intend to put that in his receivers any time soon.

I do not think it will stop people from getting the new receiver but I also do not believe 4:2:2 is going away anytime soon either.
If there is enough interest maybe Brian will look into it on a future receiver to see if it is possible down the line to have in one.

A dvb card at $20 bones and a PC needed with enough juice at about $200-300.. a used azbox is about $100-$200 depending the model.

No brainer

I broke off the off topic posts about 4:2:2 after it was clearly said the new Geosat receiver would not have it

I dont understand why people need to frigging argue about why a receiver doesn't have a feature. It wont have 4:2:2 so move on. Simple as that. If you must have 4:2:2 there are other options out there

So if you want to argue about 4:2:2 do it here....the other thread will be for updates and feature requests about the new receiver

Thank You

two mini's in the garage?

.. a used azbox is about $100-$200 depending the model.
No brainer
A new AZbox miniME North American Edition from Canada is around $229 plus or minus shipping, conversion rates, possible sales, etc.
I agree: no brainer! ;)

I'd kind of turned a blind eye to AZ products with all their teething troubles & shenanigans over recent years.
But with local support in NA for the miniME, I've actively started researching it.
Might go well with my miniHD. ;)

A new AZbox miniME North American Edition from Canada is around $229 plus or minus shipping, conversion rates, possible sales, etc.
I agree: no brainer! ;)

I'd kind of turned a blind eye to AZ products with all their teething troubles & shenanigans over recent years.
But with local support in NA for the miniME, I've actively started researching it.
Might go well with my miniHD. ;)

Wait dont u want a 20 dolla dvb card and a good PC instead as recommended for 4:2:2 .. :rolleyes::banghead:

No brainer Again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.