Why I need a receiver with 4:2:2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no expert but get mine to work when needed. if you are good with computers it seems easy for those people.

had the AZBox Premium for years till i got a plus. what expectations where not addressed other than blind scan ?

1. I have the ATSC tuner but it's unusable because of buggy software. (multiple issues with ATSC)
2. WD Black 1TB Hard drive is not recognized on power up, but does get recognized after rebooting with power applied.
3. Network file transfers are very slow (2 to 3 megabytes per second). Takes 20 minutes to transfer a 2GB video file.
4. Satellite transponder & channel management is very cumbersome.

1. I have the ATSC tuner but it's unusable because of buggy software. (multiple issues with ATSC) never had need of it
2. WD Black 1TB Hard drive is not recognized on power up, but does get recognized after rebooting with power applied. ? confused is it internal ?
3. Network file transfers are very slow (2 to 3 megabytes per second). Takes 20 minutes to transfer a 2GB video file. don't use "networking" just watch delete
4. Satellite transponder & channel management is very cumbersome. agree

if you do the networking stuff you are more advanced than i so a HTPC could be easy for you.
i,m old and will not spend the time to learn such stuff tooo much TV to watch now lol

if you do the networking stuff you are more advanced than i so a HTPC could be easy for you.
i,m old and will not spend the time to learn such stuff tooo much TV to watch now lol

The 1TB HD is internal.

The PC platform will get rid of the networking issues, but finding a low power, noise free, small form factor, PC platform that will accommodate 2 or 3 tuner cards, HDMI, and remote control might be a problem. Getting all of the software to work smoothly may also be an issue.

Are any of the DVBS2 cards better than others performance wise - like for Blind Scan?

I learned FTA with DVB cards. It's not much different with PC based FTA than STBs in problems that occur. There is no one perfect combination of software/hardware for PC based FTA. There is more flexability in PC applications, therefore more difficult in some respects to get right. I use a Hauppauge ATSC tuner with my TeVii DVBS2 tuner in MyTheatre for most everything. I have a Prof for BlindScan. Really nice tuner but doesn't do DiSEqC in MyTheatre. (MT doesn't have the proper coding) I've used DVBDream alot but find it buggy. MyTheatre intergrates the ATSC tuner with the DVB tuner seamlessly. Switching between the two is just a channel change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.