Why I need a receiver with 4:2:2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Pansat 9200's are better than all of yours because mine has cooling fans I installed. My girlfriend's hair is prettier than all of yours' LOL

My Pansat 9200's are better than all of yours because mine has cooling fans I installed. My girlfriend's hair is prettier than all of yours' LOL

Haha nice.. oh and also nice about the fans :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yea, no more 80cm dishes . . . on C-band!
I need "perfect" weather with a 10' BUD with PLL LNBs and a Commercial Demodulator to watch, and just barely. My TBS must show 15+ dB in Crazyscan before I even think of trying.

I have not seen a Ku 32apsk video feed, but would sure think 80cm with Cheapie LNB would not cut it - I may be wrong though.

And last ufc was itc and of course on 422. Yet another reason :D

how much more would you pay for a new 422 box that would scan & Work like a s9, micro or pansat ? those are $100-180 so a mid price of say $150 + the 422 amount

if it could do 422- 264 it would be better than a AZ...... so it will.

little something to chat about

Last edited:
how much more would you pay for a new 422 box that would scan & Work like a s9, micro or pansat ? those are $100-180 so a mid price of say $150 + the 422 amount

And if it can blind scan as good as the x2 premium hd.. a beast :D

The AzBox miniMe American Edition will soon meet these requirements and bring additional features with our upcoming firmware updates :)

MSRP is $229 so I guess that makes the "422 amount" $79.

pwrsurge said:
The AzBox miniMe American Edition will soon meet these requirements and bring additional features with our upcoming firmware updates :)

MSRP is $229 so I guess that makes the "422 amount" $79.

Sounds like my next box! Keep us posted, pwrsurge. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

PC Card DVB/S2 4:2:2 Receivers

I have several questions regarding the PC based receiver cards being discussed in this thread:

1. What satellite control software works best with the PC Card DVBS2 Receivers?

2. Is fast DVBS2 Blind scan supported?

3. Do the receiver cards and associated software support DiSEqC ?

4. Is the software Windows or Linux based?

5. Does it really take 5 minutes to tune a channel - - if so why?

I presently have an AZBox Premium HD Receiver which hasn't lived up to expectations. The software is buggy and will probably never get fixed. The satellite / transponder / channel lists are very difficult to manage. The product was abandoned by it's developers.

Are things any better with the PC based receivers?

Last edited:
hope you do.
but predict it will not happen.
just the make up of the box it can not be as easy to use as a Pansat or a S9,as these need no computer input to work.
don't get me wrong like my AZ's. but they are what they are....a box to watch tv with. but they are high maintenance.imo

I have several questions regarding the PC based receiver cards being discussed in this thread:

1. What satellite control software works best with the PC Card DVBS2 Receivers?

2. Is fast DVBS2 Blind scan supported? yes

3. Do the receiver cards and associated software support DiSEqC ? it is the software

4. Is the software Windows or Linux based? both

5. Does it really take 5 minutes to tune a channel - - if so why? no

I presently have an AZBox Premium HD Receiver which hasn't lived up to expectations. The software is buggy and will probably never get fixed. The satellite / transponder / channel lists are very difficult to manage. The product was abandoned by it's developers.

Are things any better with the PC based receivers?
no expert but get mine to work when needed. if you are good with computers it seems easy for those people.

had the AZBox Premium for years till i got a plus. what expectations where not addressed other than blind scan ? which it did not do when new. my rule of thumb if it does not have something when new it never will.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)