Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Holy Sh!t :shocked That's absolutely amazing. He's also got a hand in programming, so he really would know about lineup issues. Great find Sean61. I'm floored he makes that much but answers complain-mail about people's antennas.

I second that! Sounds like he is one of the few actually "earning" their money "one customer at a time".

Scott Greczkowski said:
And he deserves every penny he makes! Horay for Wilt!
I don't know what Wilt does, and I'm happy for him because he seems like a good guy. My irritation is with the Dolans. How can board members and CEOs pay themselves so much when their shareholders are getting killed? God, I sound like Michael Moore. Someone shoot me.

I agree, he deserves it, he has kept his head down and helped the customer out.

I like the Ben and Jerry's setup. No one in the company can earn more than 10x the lowest paid worker in the company.

dang, and here I thought Wilt is just some intern doing customer liason. never imagined he was so high up. well good for him :)

okay, Wilt: fess up! what do you know about new channels, dvr, etc. Don't make us beat it out of you :)

Huh? Wha? Duh?

Lars said:
I second that! Sounds like he is one of the few actually "earning" their money "one customer at a time".
As a new guy to the forum and Voom, did I miss something? How exactly does this guy "deserve" so much loot?

juanl0b0 said:
As a new guy to the forum and Voom, did I miss something? How exactly does this guy "deserve" so much loot?
The Search feature will do wonders. :D

I'm not new to this forum, but I am new to Voom, and I can definately say that Wilt does deserve it because from what I've seen he listens to us and gets things done. You don't see Directv or DISH doing this.

Wilt is a outstanding guy. He helped me greatly when i was having a whole bunch of headaches. For somebody like him to reach out to us on this board is just amazing. I'm glad to see that customer service is not dead. A man of his stature could easily pass on the headaches to a subordinate. I wrote him a email awhile back with the problems I was having, He personally wrote me back within two hours. I never personally thanked him, so Wilt if you are out there, I'm one customer that will never forget your efforts, they are greatly appreciated by me!

I like the Ben and Jerry's setup. No one in the company can earn more than 10x the lowest paid worker in the company.[/QUOTE]

A little off topic but -- Since Ben & Jerry owned a whole bunch of stock in their company every dollar that they did not pay to a manager or worker went into their pocket. The lowest paid worker did not receive one tenth as much stock and stock options as they and other managers did and when they sold the company they ended up with a lot more than ten times what the lowest paid worker did. The whole thing was a brilliant marketing ploy - along the same lines as claiming to be an environmentally friendly company when a half gallon of your ice cream has four times that packaging waste as other brands (bcause you only sell it by the pint).

If 2/3 of my paycheck was tied up in company stock, I'd be busting my ass too. It's too bad there aren't more employees like Wilt around. Imagine walking into a store and having service from a clerk like Wilt? I think I'd $hit myself.

He and Mark Cuban should start a company, sounds like they both actually care and get things done.

Neutron said:
I'm not new to this forum, but I am new to Voom, and I can definately say that Wilt does deserve it because from what I've seen he listens to us and gets things done. You don't see Directv or DISH doing this.
And you dont see the level of PQ problems there either.

My guess is Wilt is the head Honcho engineer/manager in contact with us, collecting all the dough, and beating a bunch of subordinate engineers to get the job done.

But thats just my experience as an engineer.

Wilt deserves much more!!! Long before Rainbow 1 was even launched there he was everyday on the Yahoo VOOM group answering our questions and listening to our concerns about the "new" service.

bryan27 said:
Wilt deserves much more!!! Long before Rainbow 1 was even launched there he was everyday on the Yahoo VOOM group answering our questions and listening to our concerns about the "new" service.
Obviously PR is part of his job. I think he is way overpaid IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)