Think about getting a DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zalarrulz

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Ok, I have read an hour worth of threads but I still have some questions. If I go with the NON HD DVR will I.....
1. Need a phone line when the Installation happens, or can I play Dumb?
2. Will it have RF Remote capability so I don't have to run two lines up stairs?
3. Will the USB port be active?

Or

4. Should I wait for the Lease and maybe get an HD DVR for Cheap?

Thanks

zalarrulz said:
Ok, I have read an hour worth of threads but I still have some questions. If I go with the NON HD DVR will I.....
1. Need a phone line when the Installation happens, or can I play Dumb?
2. Will it have RF Remote capability so I don't have to run two lines up stairs?
3. Will the USB port be active?
Or
4. Should I wait for the Lease and maybe get an HD DVR for Cheap?
Thanks

1. The R15 does not require a phone line. All the others do. Playing dumb generally results in an installer not being able to finish the installation, or insisting on phone line installation.
2. No.
3. No.
4. Maybe.

H

Thanks for the response, Is there a DVR for Directv that has the RF remote function that is not an HD DVR? (or cost $300)

Does the R15 just require and intial call, or continous connection to a phoneline. Also, can I use one of my other remotes that has the RF capability to work with this DVR?

zalarrulz said:
Does the R15 just require and intial call, or continous connection to a phoneline. Also, can I use one of my other remotes that has the RF capability to work with this DVR?
The R15 will work without being connected to a phone line unlike TiVo it dosen't even need it for initial activation. In the future it should be UHF, it comes with a connection for a UHF antenna but dosen't have active software to support the use of the UHF capability. The remote is not a UHF remote(RC23) you would need to upgrade to a RC24 but seeing the software isn't there it still will not work until Directv releases the software.:)

One More question. I have the HD Receiver with the RF capable Remote. Will I be able to use that remote with the antenna that I don't use from the HD to control the R15 DVR?

zalarrulz said:
One More question. I have the HD Receiver with the RF capable Remote. Will I be able to use that remote with the antenna that I don't use from the HD to control the R15 DVR?

Not at this time.....the R15 DOES NOT have active software for RF remote at this time. Another one of DTV's FUTURE TECHNOLOGY gigs....:confused:

Does the HD DVR have the RF remote capability? If so, does anyone have any idea what it will cost in march to lease, compared to what it would cost to get one this month. Thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)