Thinking about exiting the hobby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
I haven't really done much with it in over a year... thinking of selling my boxes.. my toroidal, lnbs, etc, etc...

I really don't watch any sports.. I enjoyed searching for news stories, but since I had the kid I dont have time to futz around like I use to..

I'll probably take down the dish this weekend..

Any reason I should keep it up and running / going?

It is a really good source of clean entertainment for the kids as they grow up.
Better than the slop currently on network, that's for sure.
I was just watching the Patty Duke Show and Mr Ed on ThisTV, last night .

Of course, if you live near a big city as I do, you may have many of the FTA channels show up as OTA sub channels.
I have many of them here in my mix of over 60 local sub-channels.

We'd hate to see ya go, but hope you find alternate departments here on the forum that interest you.
And if you do dispose of your hardware, we'll look forward to the sale... with sadness. ;)

edit: oh, here's a reason to keep it.
Get a generator, and next big hurricane, you can be news central for the neighborhood, . . .
. .. after all their dishes blow down, and the local TV station goes dark.

Thanks.. I should have started with a simpler setup like a motor mounted single lnb dish.. I think I over complicated (wanted my dish networks stuff on the big toroidal) but switching from dish pro stuff to legacy.. etc. etc.. what a pain.. I'm dropping dish and getting directv so I'll still have satellite, just a bigger d* swm dish rather than the two smaller e* 500's.. gonna put it where the toroidal sits now..

I'll have to make inventory of what I have and put it up in the classified section.. all I gotta say is i have a LOT of lnbs.. lol.. LOTS.. :) 3 fta boxes.. and some various other stuff.. hopefully someone local wants the big dish.. damn thing was expensive..

I dont think you'll have an issue with selling the T90 locally. There are a fair amount of FTA folks in Florida ;)

well that's good, hopefully the T90 will get a good home and a lot of use.. I'm on the east coast.. I'm near the broward/palm beach boarder right off turnpike..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)