Thinking about getting D*, have some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes silver

also one question. I assume it has the newest software in it but if I boot it up and do the 0-2-4-6-8 thing if there is new software it will download it right?

If its updated will it still download software?

yes silver

also one question. I assume it has the newest software in it but if I boot it up and do the 0-2-4-6-8 thing if there is new software it will download it right?

If its updated will it still download software?

Yes that will force a download of the latest software. If the software is already current it will reinstall the software.

Now you can start watching and/or recording your MLB channel. During the off season they still have a lot of cool programs (classic games, hot stove, prime 9, Ken Burns baseball, fantasy, spring training previews, ex), but they do repeat a lot. When the season gets going, the channel gets even better.

Congrats

I see some classic games tonight that are gonna be on tonight :)

Thats the 1st channel I tuned in to see.

It varies. The problem is there arent that many channels on both D* & Shaw that are the same (as in from the same source) but a few thoughts

Big10 is cleaner on Shaw than on D*. But Shaw takes the HD feed and shows it in SD so I have the top and bottom black bars. I watch the Big10 games from FTA so its the original feed
A&E and Fox News are cleaner on D*
Most of the religious channels look better on FTA which isnt saying much :)

Its hard to compare as Shaw is a KU band satellite and D* is DBS. Canadian satellite also has "basterdized" versions of their channels so its not the same "master". HGTV, Food, Discovery, History are all different than the US version as example.

But all and all I'm pretty happy with getting D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)