Thinking about getting D*, have some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When you order do they ship the equipment out before the tech arrives? If so I could do a self install then

Jag
We only have one RSN here in Minneapolis (FSN North)...when we have issues like 2 sports on same time usually the 2nd game is on OTA in Minneapolis :)

But I know when I am at the cabin where we have Dish I can see most college sports on the alternate channels and my dad only has AT250. No sports packages on it. Pro sports are blacked out but I've seen college games on the alternate channels.

Iceberg, I live in Northfield and subscribe to Directv. When the Wild or Wolves are on FSN North and then Gophers hockey is on they will run the feed on 617 usually. That is the nice versus cable when it would run on Tape delay normally. This channel runs a lot of WCHA hockey on it. The only thing I can not verify is if you do not have the Sports pack if you get that channel.

I know 617 has a lot of WCHA hockey on it ;)
They also carry the NODak games but I can get those FTA

I should check this weekend at my mom's since she doesnt have the sports pack and NoDak plays UMD this weekend (GO DOGS!) to see if 617 works for her :)

They Used to, But too many things ended up missing .;)
The Tech brings all the equipment now.

Really ?
That's not what I've heard.

In a thread 2 weeks ago Iceberg's sister was switching from COMCAST to DIRECTV and reported this -
...she got the receivers today via UPS but she cant open the box until Monday when they come to install...
;)

yep the equipment was sitting at her house for about 4 days before the tech came. She bundled through Qwest and they told her not to open the box and to let the tech do it in case there was equipment issues :)

Well Saturday I will be part of the D* family :)
Ordered it today and they are coming Saturday :D

I asked Qwest if I could get both the $5 credit for 12 months for bundling and the $10 referral credit for 10 months and they can't do that but he gave me $23 a month credit for bundling my internet & DirecTV...since I had a $8 discount for internet already it comes to $15 a month for 12 months off :)

Got the regular DVR so I know I'll have some questions on it ;)

Well Saturday I will be part of the D* family :)
Ordered it today and they are coming Saturday :D

I asked Qwest if I could get both the $5 credit for 12 months for bundling and the $10 referral credit for 10 months and they can't do that but he gave me $23 a month credit for bundling my internet & DirecTV...since I had a $8 discount for internet already it comes to $15 a month for 12 months off :)

Got the regular DVR so I know I'll have some questions on it ;)

Welcome to the dark side. Too bad you didn't go with a HD DVR since the HD boxes are where all the new stuff is going, nothing really being added to the SD DVR's.

it wont let me. When I try on the D* site it shows this if I select the HD DVR and no HD

Because you removed HD Access, all your HD receivers have been downgraded to non-HD receivers.

plus I dont want a slimline which is what they will put up. I dont have room on the roof for that with the other dishes already there for free to air ;)

I'm going to use a LNB that is already on my Primestar dish that is for 105W and the DBS LNB is hanging off the side. See post 1 for the pic ;)

Ice when the tech arrives with your equipment just do what I did. I helped him out by doing most of the work.he had no issues with that.glad I did cause the guy I got wasn't that good :D

I'm already one step ahead of you Rey ;)

On my roof there is still a foot plate from the E* install when I moved in 7 years ago. I put up a mast and today gonna mount and aim the 18" dish I have here. Hell I'd run the wire too but I know he has to ground it so I'll have him do that :)

The only thing that is weird is on the order it says "slimline dish"....If I have only the SD DVR why would they give me a slimline? Maybe its what they default to. My sister got the stock 18" dish/multiswitch combo when she had the install. I might call D* today to see.

Of course, the tech can always leave the slimline dish here and dont install it :)

I'm already one step ahead of you Rey ;)

On my roof there is still a foot plate from the E* install when I moved in 7 years ago. I put up a mast and today gonna mount and aim the 18" dish I have here. Hell I'd run the wire too but I know he has to ground it so I'll have him do that :)

The only thing that is weird is on the order it says "slimline dish"....If I have only the SD DVR why would they give me a slimline? Maybe its what they default to. My sister got the stock 18" dish/multiswitch combo when she had the install. I might call D* today to see.

Of course, the tech can always leave the slimline dish here and dont install it :)
smart man! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)