Thinking About Getting Dish, Few Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dakeshon

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
PA
Hello!

I am looking into getting Dish Network for Tv Service, but see that you can only have 4 tvs which I have 6. What would they do to get the other two tvs hooked up and how much would it cost?

Thanks!

Get two Hoppers and 4 Joeys. There are other configurations, but this is the most likely one you'll like. Don't know where the 4 TV limit came from.

All 6 will have independent viewing.

AND: :welcome

For pricing - which package do you want?

I think he's looking at one Hopper, which can have up to three Joeys, that is four TV's.
A second Hopper, then using four Joeys is $45 for equipment charges per month. Getting a second Hopper is no more than getting a Joey per month, but it gives you three more tuners and more hard drive space. You probably will have to pay an upfront charge to get the second Hopper, but deals change so that will be determined at the time you order.

I think he's looking at one Hopper, which can have up to three Joeys, that is four TV's.
A second Hopper, then using four Joeys is $45 for equipment charges per month. Getting a second Hopper is no more than getting a Joey per month, but it gives you three more tuners and more hard drive space. You probably will have to pay an upfront charge to get the second Hopper, but deals change so that will be determined at the time you order.

Thanks for the reply!
Looking at the Hopper I really like it, the feature, Whole-Home DVR, and the apps. Reminds me of FIOS, but I do not want to pay for the second Hopper and Joey upfront, I think I will wait to see if they have any specials.

Thanks!

You usually have to wait 12 months for most equipment upgrades. Not sure if you want to wait that long, but you can connect a receiver to more than one tv, but all tv's hooked to one receiver will be viewing the same program.

Currently not a Dish Customer, I am with Comcast. Chatted with them and cannot do anything about the 2 Other TV's. They told me to wait see what the Tech would say. I just don't see how I will be saving money with Dish.

how many tvs will be active at one time?
what are your recording habits?

if all 6 tvs are watching live tv, you may not be able to record anything with the hopper systems

you need to look at viewing/recording habits to determine if a hopper or vip would work best

how many tvs will be active at one time?
what are your recording habits?

if all 6 tvs are watching live tv, you may not be able to record anything with the hopper systems

you need to look at viewing/recording habits to determine if a hopper or vip would work best

It depends throughout the day, EX. the Hopper will be used most of the day, The Great Room will barely be used, The Master Bed Room will be used doing the day and not a lot doing the night. The Three other Bedrooms will not be used throughout most of the days, only occasionally.

Currently not a Dish Customer, I am with Comcast. Chatted with them and cannot do anything about the 2 Other TV's. They told me to wait see what the Tech would say. I just don't see how I will be saving money with Dish.

I understood that, you should be able to get a second Hopper by paying additional money at time of order. If you are expecting to get a deal on a 2nd Hopper once you are a customer, you will have to wait at least a year for it. Dish has specific rules in place as far as equipment is concerned.

Also, you should have a good idea as to your own household's viewing habits are. Remember that one Hopper only has three tuners, so with a four tv setup, only three can view live program at the same time (not counting PTAT). The fourth can view the same thing as another tv or something prerecorded. You can also connect a receiver to more than one tv, but any tv connected to the same receiver will have to watch the same thing. Three tuners may work for you, but may not cover if trying to record a lot of programing at the same time.

I understood that, you should be able to get a second Hopper by paying additional money at time of order. If you are expecting to get a deal on a 2nd Hopper once you are a customer, you will have to wait at least a year for it. Dish has specific rules in place as far as equipment is concerned.

Also, you should have a good idea as to your own household's viewing habits are. Remember that one Hopper only has three tuners, so with a four tv setup, only three can view live program at the same time (not counting PTAT). The fourth can view the same thing as another tv or something prerecorded. You can also connect a receiver to more than one tv, but any tv connected to the same receiver will have to watch the same thing. Three tuners may work for you, but may not cover if trying to record a lot of programing at the same time.

As I am seeing that Dish is not going to be a good choice for my family due to all the TV's we have.

As I am seeing that Dish is not going to be a good choice for my family due to all the TV's we have.

Why don't you contact a DIRT team member? Based on what you said, a 2Hopper/4Joey setup should work very well. New customers get 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys free. The second Hopper is usually $200 and the 4th Joey $100. (That's the same total upgrade price as a current customer would get.) The system works very well - modern interface and fast with a huge recording capacity available at any of the TVs.

Why don't you contact a DIRT team member? Based on what you said, a 2Hopper/4Joey setup should work very well. New customers get 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys free. The second Hopper is usually $200 and the 4th Joey $100. (That's the same total upgrade price as a current customer would get.) The system works very well - modern interface and fast with a huge recording capacity available at any of the TVs.

Did contact a Dirt member like you recommended, and they told me to call the Dish Sales Team, I think I will to see what they say. Is it possible to have other Receivers with the Hoppers?

Did contact a Dirt member like you recommended, and they told me to call the Dish Sales Team, I think I will to see what they say. Is it possible to have other Receivers with the Hoppers?

You can have ONE owned ViP211 series receiver with it, for Tailgater purposes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts