Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Please give me reasons why directv is better than dish? How is the newest whole home dvr? Is it fast? The gripe i have about dish is no amc, no disney jr and pbs in hd. The protection plan with dish you have to pay 15 bucks each time, is it the same with directv?

The HR34 works quite well, but they are only just starting to roll out the client boxes, so there isn't any real feedback on those yet.

Personally I prefer the DTV whole home solution, as I can have multiple HDDVR boxes all networked together and sharing (I currently have an HR34, HR24 and HR22 all sharing between each other).

Yep, Love my Directv system, I have HR34, HR23, and 2 H25's.
Never is there a recording conflict.
The HD quaility is fantastic.

New customers promos are unbeatable by ANYONE!
Everyone gets Free Sunday Ticket, as well as $30 in credits for one year, and a bunch of programming and equipment credits.
Unlimited sports.

Now the HR34, has some bugs , the VOD has some dropout issues, which I hear the next national release should fix, but who knows when that is.
Also, a strange guide glitch, that makes the guide all disorganized, to put it in simple terms, But that seems to have been fixed, atleast on mine since the last software release a few weeks ago.
And Pandora on the HR 34 cuts all the songs off short of the end of the song. Don't know why!
But are known issues, so fixes should be in the works.

I would say the HR34 (5 Tuner DVR) is not as fast as my 722 was with dish, but it's not unbearably slow. There were some bugs when I got it back in April with missed recordings, but that seems to have been resolved. It's nice to have the extra tuners to reduce conflicts, and having the playlist show recordings from all DVR's is great. My HR24 (2 Tuner DVR)is also pretty close in speed to the 722, but a bit slower. I used the protection plan for a tech visit to replace a faulty LNB, and there was no charge.

I agree with what everything above except my HR34 is faster than the 722 and 922 when I was with Dish :)

Keep in mind that if you set up a return to D* with D*, except for the HR34 you can't specify which unit you will get. IOW, they consider all the HRs except the HR34 to be the same thing. And those older HRs before the HR24 are definitely slower than what you have been used to with Dish.

If you have a local DirecTV dealer you can get the same deals and also get exactly the equipment you want. That can be a big plus.

I probably wont switch back. I was told in order to get my fox sports detroit plus channel i need to have their highest channel package. Also they would not give me new customer pricing because ive had directv service before. Also i cannot use someone as a referral because the rep said it only works if you are a new customer and have never had service with them. I will stick with dish. I might go back to wow after my 2 years are up.

dishfan82 said:
I probably wont switch back. I was told in order to get my fox sports detroit plus channel i need to have their highest channel package. Also they would not give me new customer pricing because ive had directv service before. Also i cannot use someone as a referral because the rep said it only works if you are a new customer and have never had service with them. I will stick with dish. I might go back to wow after my 2 years are up.

You got some terrible information. Call again.

You got some terrible information. Call again.

I agree, call again.
Once your 2 years are up you should get new sub status back if thats what your waiting for.

As for the FSND, thats NOT true, I have a old package, but it's equal to the Choice, that will have the local RSN in it.

Yes, just checked, Choice has your local RSN and you can get that for $ 35 p/m

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp?footernavtype=-1

Please give me reasons why directv is better than dish? How is the newest whole home dvr? Is it fast? The gripe i have about dish is no amc, no disney jr and pbs in hd. The protection plan with dish you have to pay 15 bucks each time, is it the same with directv?

You forgot E* don't have TV One, Sprout, Fuse, the HD versions of ABC Family, ESPN News, Disney Channel, and Disney XD. We been with D* since 1/21/2009 and much happier. Never trust Cheap Charlie's schemes. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts