Thinking about HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
What are my chances of swapping out my current HR10 with an HR20 AND new dish...the whole package for next to nothing? Thinking of calling Directv today. Someone posted that a $19.95 fee along with a 2 year contract is manditory to swap to HR20. But does that include the new dish also?

I just had that happen. I called, they said $299. I said I quit and cancel my account. They gave me to Customer Retention. We "discussed" it for 20 minutes and settled on $19.95 for the new DVR, the new dish, installation and I keep my old H10. They also threw in six months of HD for free ($60.00). Others have received this offer, but for me, they promised me a year ago that I would get a free upgrade and they gave me a case number to refer to when I was ready. When I used the case number, they looked it up, read it and told me it was no longer valid. When I asked them if there was an expiration date on the note, they told me "no." This is why it took 20 minutes and two different agents to get the deal they promised me. I asked for the extra discount for my pain and suffering at their changing the deal on me!

They do require a new two year contract, though and they claim that no one gets around this. They even dared me to email anyone on the dbs board and ask them.

I was impressed that the agent knew about the boards!

Bob

I just had that happen. I called, they said $299. I said I quit and cancel my account. They gave me to Customer Retention. We "discussed" it for 20 minutes and settled on $19.95 for the new DVR, the new dish, installation and I keep my old H10. They also threw in six months of HD for free ($60.00).

Well I just ordered mine. She told me I could get it for $99. I asked if she could possibly waive that fee she said she couldn't. But she did take off $10 per month off my bill for 10 months. So I'm happy. :)

I think I prefer the HR20-100 over the 700, and I asked if I could specify one or the other. She thought about it for a moment then said that wasnt possible.

Even though you've struck a deal with them you can call back, get another retention agent and sweeten the deal. I did this and got the $60 additional credit on HD.

Even though you've struck a deal with them you can call back, get another retention agent and sweeten the deal. I did this and got the $60 additional credit on HD.

Well the installer is coming tomorrow. And actually I didn't even talk to a retention agent. I use to be able to reach retention at the old number, but I dont think so anymore. Oh and BTW, I was promised the $60 HD credit when I called yesterday, but I turned it down. Actually they called it a -$10 per month credit for 6 months. Today I called back and suggested a -$10 per month for 10 months to actually cover the $99 cost and they agreed. I suppose if I had threatened to jump ship, they may have done more.

Wow - install one day out is outstanding!

I got the free HR20 and dish, but it took me about 5 calls to get it. Best offer I had before that was $199. That was just upgrading an H10. I still need to upgrade an HR10-250, so will call back before long to see what offer I can get next.

Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)