Thinking about leaving Dish for Cable.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
stuart628 said:
its not a bad deal, I have the scientific alanta 8300Hd, which has been rock solid, and if anything new comes out they have no problem calling me and switching it out for the old boxes they did this for my 8000hd, great company and no problem whatsoever since they ran new line out here in my hood!

Yeah, I didn't mean it was bad equipment
:cool:

You guys are lucky hehe, just like my friend who lives in FIOS territory :cool:

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
....Yeah I know Dish doesn't have all your HD locals, but that’s because your Cable Company is paying the locals to not go that route...

MSOs paying local stations to refuse DBS payments?

Since so many MSOs are refusing to pay anything at all to local stations for carrriage that is improbable at best.

And given that Dish and DirecTV pay actual cash -- in substantial amounds -- to stations for their local signals (one small Ohio broadcaster makes hundreds of thousands of dollars annually Dish and DirecTV) it would seem your theory, while properly conspiratorial and fun to imagine, is simply not based on fact.

I had the 8300SD DVR from TW... It was a piece of junk I had it less than a day it kept on rebooting. TWC offered to swap it for another, I said I'll save some $ and just get the regular box. I have 3 3250's in my house and they work like a charm. Altho I think one is on the fritz (making weird noises) but they're very user friendly. My 63 y/o mother has no problem navigating around with it.

Hehe speaking of box reliability:
2261.jpg

*chuckle* Funny because that box hasn't been a problem before, it just did that after I turned it off [power button on front panel].. whoops!

Oh well, at least it works wonderfully when it works :D

I went ahead and got cable. Still have DISH. But now I don't watch DISH much at all except for the VOOM channels. Thinking seriously about folding up the satellite and staying with cable 100%. With On-Demand I can watch any previous episode of HBO and SHOWTIME original series as well as movies. And TWC has an HD-DVR for 9.95 a month that has excellent quality. What is the penalty for dropping DISh with 4 or 5 months left on my 1 year agreement?

10 dollars a month for every month you have left on a contract, so you are looking at 40-50 dollars, plus any equipment you dont return! also there is a time warner forum here, to pop into, and also let us know how you like time warner in that forum, I have noticed a LOT of lurkers but no one writing so I am sure people are going there for info.

OoTLink said:
Time warner sounds like they practically pay you to take their equipment off their hands, you guys get all those insane deals.

Ya'll should get comcast. You'll pay like $100 a month for the same stuff, they drop off some used boxes + remotes and ditch, and then when you go to the office to complain they just give you this nasty look and give you another remote

Really? I pay $30/month for a year including HBO & SHO with an HD 2 tuner DVR. Haven't had any problems so far. No my e* experience is another story. Many problems and lied to many times.

Adelphia will be here on Sat to install it :)

Just in time to Dish left a message on my machine saying that CBS will be removed from my account! (I had added it through there website) they said it was added in error? :confused: So all Dish is leaving me with is ABC and FOX from NY.....The waiver for NBC always gets turned down no matter what city i pick.

It will be nice to get real locals again in HD to. :)

stuart628 said:
10 dollars a month for every month you have left on a contract, so you are looking at 40-50 dollars, plus any equipment you dont return! also there is a time warner forum here, to pop into, and also let us know how you like time warner in that forum, I have noticed a LOT of lurkers but no one writing so I am sure people are going there for info.
Really? I thought they had a $240 early termination fee for free equipment plans, or a penalty equal to the minimum AT60 cost for the remaining months of the contract for leased equipment plans. Where did that $10 figure come from?

I need help right now too. I recently got a mailer from Comcast offering a $20 a year bit but I'm curious what it's gonna cost me in the end per month if I want a HD receiver and possibly a DVR. Also I'm wondering what the channel offering are gonna be. I'm also concerned what rate I might be locked into a year after the special price ends for perhaps a year longer. Anyone have insight they'd be willing to share here?

Sarang said:
I need help right now too. I recently got a mailer from Comcast offering a $20 a year bit but I'm curious what it's gonna cost me in the end per month if I want a HD receiver and possibly a DVR.
you might visit our Comcast forum for more info....

the 10 dollars a month is the 240 prorated, they charge you 10 a month for every month you have left on your contract....sorry for the late reply work has been crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts