Thinking about "moving..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MisterLas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Flemington, WV
Hey all,
I currently live in zip 26347, and am thinking about moving to get local HDs. I can currently only get ABC, FOX, and CBS via distantnetworks, no NBC. But I can get NBC, CBS, and FOX local. To me, the distant ones are ok, but no HD is available. The locals are just HORRIBLE!!!

So I have searching and reading about moving, and I think I have a good grasp on what I need to do, but how do I know where I should be moving to? I am reading that NY looks okay, but how do I know if it will work? Any ideas/comments/advice?

Thanks,
Doug

Hey all,
I currently live in zip 26347, and am thinking about moving to get local HDs. I can currently only get ABC, FOX, and CBS via distantnetworks, no NBC. But I can get NBC, CBS, and FOX local. To me, the distant ones are ok, but no HD is available. The locals are just HORRIBLE!!!

So I have searching and reading about moving, and I think I have a good grasp on what I need to do, but how do I know where I should be moving to? I am reading that NY looks okay, but how do I know if it will work? Any ideas/comments/advice?

Thanks,
Doug

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/113397-help-moving.html

Where are you, what dish do you have, and where are you thinking of moving?

I want to stay in the eastern time zone so my guide doesn't get messed up. My only choice to receive HD networks is to "move" to Atlanta.

Where are you, what dish do you have, and where are you thinking of moving?

I want to stay in the eastern time zone so my guide doesn't get messed up. My only choice to receive HD networks is to "move" to Atlanta.

Sorry about that, I guess the equipment is important... stupid me...

I am in WV, I am unsure exactly which dish I have (I have the 722 if that helps), I am unsure on how to tell where I should move to? I have been reading that NY is a good one, but how can I tell if I can get them?

Thanks

Doug

Digiblur, Sorry I just noticed I jumped your post, thanks for the post there. I was reading that one earlier. I found a post where you gave this link (EKB: Dish HD Locals). According to this list, I should try Atlanta, is this correct? I checked my Point Dish option and I cannot get 61.5, but 129 I can... So Atlanta is my choice here? Any advice? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly before I proceed. Thanks

Digiblur, Sorry I just noticed I jumped your post, thanks for the post there. I was reading that one earlier. I found a post where you gave this link (EKB: Dish HD Locals). According to this list, I should try Atlanta, is this correct? I checked my Point Dish option and I cannot get 61.5, but 129 I can... So Atlanta is my choice here? Any advice? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly before I proceed. Thanks

If you have 129 I'd go with those. Narrow down the timezone you want and pick the market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts