Thinking about "moving"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clownin72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Ok/Ks
Ok I live around the 73950 zip code and get Amarillo TX locals, but have no interest in ama. since I cant read the spot beams maps for anything, is it possible to "move" to zip 73101 or 74101 and get their locals?

Looking at the maps, I'd say your reception would be marginal. You are outside of the pink line which is supposed to be the edge of reliable reception. It might be okay for clear skies, but you would probably lose signal in even a light rain. That's for the Oklahoma City locals.Tulsa is farther, so likely even worse.

I'm sure others know more than I do, but you could try using the chart at dtvlocals.newshawkfiles.info/directvlocals.htm and check the transponders carrying the locals you are interested in. It might give you a "ball park", it helped me awhile back troubleshoot why my local channels went out so easily in cloudy weather. Sorry I'm new and can't post actual hyperlinks yet.

The Oklahoma City hd locals are on 103s transponder 16 and 20. The Tulsa hd locals are on 99s transponder 21 and 22. Tulsa also gets some Oklahoma City locals on 103s. What are your signal strength on those satellites? If they are at 80 or above, you should be good to go.

I dont know where you live...but i can tell you that the OKC HD channels do not even reach the Woodard area. Dish OKC HD locals will reach to around Beaver

I dont know where you live...but i can tell you that the OKC HD channels do not even reach the Woodard area. Dish OKC HD locals will reach to around Beaver

Well that about sums it up, because I live around the Tyrone/Hooker metroplex lol. Damn i hate amarillo locals but better than nothing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts