Thinking about switching from dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fredw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Port Huron, MI
I am thinking about switching from Dish to Direct and would like some input.
I would like to get an HR34 and HR24 and 3 H25's and would like to know what all
is going to need before i order to make sure i get all that i need for this set up. So any info on everything
that will be required for this to work properly would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
fredw said:
I would like to get an HR34 and HR24 and 3 H25's and would like to know what all
is going to need before i order to make sure i get all that i need for this set up. So any info on everything
Thank you for your time.

The only thing you're going to get for sure is the HR34. Directv does NOT promise a certain model so unless you through a retailer like solid signal or the dish store you could end up with a 34, HR20-24, and 3-H21-24 models. As for getting everything it'll all be installed through directv free

Just want to make sure that i get all the needed accessories that the installer is suposed to bring.

With an HR34, plus another DVR and 3 receivers that's 10 tuners so you will need a SWM 16 switch. The installers are not allowed to carry these on the truck, they are too expensive, so just make sure in your initial work order that it is included. I switched to Direct from Dish earlier this year and couldn't be happier.

Earl

fr8flyr said:
With an HR34, plus another DVR and 3 receivers that's 10 tuners so you will need a SWM 16 switch. The installers are not allowed to carry these on the truck, they are too expensive, so just make sure in your initial work order that it is included. I switched to Direct from Dish earlier this year and couldn't be happier.

Earl

The system will automatically add the SWM16 because of the extra tuners

Thank you for your time.

be aware the that the HR34 is still running beta level software. I don't need the extra 2 tuners.. for me, if I could do it over, I'd have skipped the HR34. Yes, logic says that's what you'd want long term, but based on my DTV experience so far, long term, I'll be back with dish.

be aware the that the HR34 is still running beta level software. I don't need the extra 2 tuners.. for me, if I could do it over, I'd have skipped the HR34. Yes, logic says that's what you'd want long term, but based on my DTV experience so far, long term, I'll be back with dish.
And you'll have no channels to watch!:p

also remember that on the h-24 you cannot pause live tv
some people have gotten upset because they didnt know this

but it has its own tuner and doesnt have to use one from the hmc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)