Thinking about upgrading receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have not personally ever heard HK's, but I know I like Denon sound.

As for lossless, I personally really enjoy the lossless over lossy sound. It is very apparent to me, to others, not so much.

If you are going to upgrade it would really be silly IMO to not get a receiver that can handle the lossless stuff.

I have not personally ever heard HK's, but I know I like Denon sound.

As for lossless, I personally really enjoy the lossless over lossy sound. It is very apparent to me, to others, not so much.

If you are going to upgrade it would really be silly IMO to not get a receiver that can handle the lossless stuff.

I agree. I wouldn't upgrade unless it was a lossless receiver. I'm just debating whether or not it's necessary right now.

Another reason I want to upgrade is to have access to a multi-zone receiver (which the 1909 is). My wife bought me 2 outdoor speakers over the summer and I haven't hooked them up yet. I'm using this as an excuse to upgrade the receiver too. ;)

Sorry HD MM, I missed the part where you said you were thinking of upgrading. It wasn't a full blown conclusion.

I'd do it if I were you, 1909 is a nice unit I don't think you would go wrong buying it. I think you'll appreciate the upgrade that the lossless audio offers.

Sorry HD MM, I missed the part where you said you were thinking of upgrading. It wasn't a full blown conclusion.

I'd do it if I were you, 1909 is a nice unit I don't think you would go wrong buying it. I think you'll appreciate the upgrade that the lossless audio offers.

Thanks SatinKzo. Sometimes as sold as I think I am on something, I just need the consolation from forum members to actually go ahead and pull the trigger.

I'm gonna sleep on it and most likely purchase it tomorrow.

BTW, 6th Ave. is having an awesome deal for anyone thinking about a new receiver or BD player..... 25% off with coupon code: AFLAUD25.

The Denon 1909 would be $449 shipped! (For comparison purposes, this is selling on Amazon for $599!)

I wish I could help you HD MM. The guys on here are very knowledgeable and hopefully they helped you with your possible purchase. I am getting my first Denon receiver as well and I will let you know how it sounds! I believe you would be happy with the 1909.

BTW, 6th Ave. is having an awesome deal for anyone thinking about a new receiver or BD player..... 25% off with coupon code: AFLAUD25.

Holy crap! Nice find!

$749.25 for a AVR2809CI shipped! :up

Ok, I did it. I just purchased an early Christmas present for myself! Lossless Audio and Audyssey, here I come! Weeeeeeeee!!

Introducing the Denon AVR-1909...... :eek:

AVR1909_Large_Front_rdax_1200x496.jpg

AVR1909_Large_Back_rdax_1200x469.jpg

Oh sure make me drool!

dougy I'm sure he got it at 6th ave. He was the one to post the coupon code to let us know. Did you get your's there? If so how long did it take to get and which shipper did they use?

Oh sure make me drool!

dougy I'm sure he got it at 6th ave. He was the one to post the coupon code to let us know. Did you get your's there? If so how long did it take to get and which shipper did they use?
I ended up getting mine from ABT Electronics. The shipping was very fast because they are out of Illinois and I live in South Dakota. They used UPS so I'm not sure what 6th Avenue uses.

I told ABT about the 25% off and they honored it. :)
I was hesitant at first about a company I have never heard of or never done business before. I looked them up and consumers gave them quite a few good user reviews. So I gave them a shot and they were great doing business with. I also usually go through amazon but I couldn't pass up the savings.

Last edited:
If they shipped from NY/NJ, then you should have it before Christmas. Ohio is only 2 days for ground service according to UPS maps.

Although looking at the map. Shipping to Hawaii from 6th ave is faster then parts of Oregon and Idaho. Alaska beats out most of the states west of the plains... ?:confused:

Attachments

• map_0049.gif
    map_0049.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for the map, I'm 3 days away. My receiver has a tracking number assigned too. Hopefully UPS runs on the 24th!

Looks like you will have a Merry Christmas HD MM!

Thanks for the map, I'm 3 days away. My receiver has a tracking number assigned too. Hopefully UPS runs on the 24th!

Looks like you will have a Merry Christmas HD MM!
Did you purchase your receiver at 6th Avenue as well QCK? If so, how was the shopping experience with them?

Did you purchase your receiver at 6th Avenue as well QCK? If so, how was the shopping experience with them?

So far no problems. I ordered online on Thursday, Friday evening I received a UPS tracking number and it now shows I should have it on Wednesday the 24th. Not bad for free shipping and $250 off of their listed price. Another nice thing is that they are an authorized Denon dealer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)