Thinking about upgrading to HD...Not sure if i can see 129

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I am a current Dish customer with a Dish 500. 110 and 119 come in ok but i am not sure i would be able to see 129 due to some tall trees on surrounding properties. After experiencing Dish's local installer subcontractor (Digitial Dish), i would rather not go through the entire process of upgrading if they come out and tell me it cannot be done. A question to local installers in business for themselves...Would coming out to my home to see if you can get a good signal off of 129 be something that you would do? I would want to do this without affecting my current Dish 500 install. Because i lease all my equipment i would ulitmately have to have DIgital Dish do the work through DishNetwork, but i would be willing to pay an installer to come out to check first with some temp equipment. I live in Cincinnati Ohio on the Westside of town in cae any Cincy installers browse this board

I'm not an installer. But what I am using is a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and then I have a another dish pointed at 61.5. With both of those dishes running into a switch and then into my house to receiver.

I'm not an installer. But what I am using is a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and then I have a another dish pointed at 61.5. With both of those dishes running into a switch and then into my house to receiver.
The problem with this approach is that you may screw yourself out of any RSN access that you may eventually have access to. Cincinatti in particular will likely be served HD LIL from 118.75 so the Dish1000+ is a short putt.

I only want to "test" 129 availabilty with spare equipment and not touch the 500 at this time...this way my current setup is not changed....If 129 can be seen from my home, then i will go the 1000 route through Dish(or whatever they install in Cincy for HD)... 118.75 is a non issue as i can currently see 119...61.5 isnt an issue either as i have wide open view in that direction...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts