Thinking about upgrading to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I am currently a D* subscriber and am thinking about purchasing an HDTV and upgrading my service. I live in rural South Dakota so there is no over the air high definition service. Who do I need to contact at D* to find out if I would qualify for the NY or LA feeds of the major networks?

Do you have any local affiliates that claim you (LIL service)?

There is a HD phone number in one of the threads around here and I am looking for it.

Thanks for the phone number. I'm not quite sure what you mean by LIL service, but if you're asking if I get local channels from somewhere, then yes I do. I get local channels out of Sioux Falls.

Well I got ahold of D* and they said that I would get the national feed of NBC right off the bat, but would have to send in waivers for the other 3. I also just found out that at my home I can actually get ABC and CBS in HD over the air so I probably wouldn't get approved for those, but I would hope Fox would approve me. Then I would have all 4 major networks in HD in some way.

I don't think waivers are working for anyone?! But, you only get the HD feeds if you live in a Owned and Operated market(O&O) I guess NBC owns your local NBC affiliate. It doesn't have anything to do with signal stregnth.

Well I guess I will know in 45 days or less. I called up the eligibility department again, and told them that I wasn't going to go HD unless I knew if I could get the major networks or not. She said that I could go ahaid and send in the waivers and if they get approved that I'll sign up for HD. So I will have to let you guys know whether or not my waivers get approved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)