Thinking about upgrading to HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I am currently a D* subscriber and am thinking about purchasing an HDTV and upgrading my service. I live in rural South Dakota so there is no over the air high definition service. Who do I need to contact at D* to find out if I would qualify for the NY or LA feeds of the major networks?

Do you have any local affiliates that claim you (LIL service)?

There is a HD phone number in one of the threads around here and I am looking for it.

Thanks for the phone number. I'm not quite sure what you mean by LIL service, but if you're asking if I get local channels from somewhere, then yes I do. I get local channels out of Sioux Falls.

Well I got ahold of D* and they said that I would get the national feed of NBC right off the bat, but would have to send in waivers for the other 3. I also just found out that at my home I can actually get ABC and CBS in HD over the air so I probably wouldn't get approved for those, but I would hope Fox would approve me. Then I would have all 4 major networks in HD in some way.

I don't think waivers are working for anyone?! But, you only get the HD feeds if you live in a Owned and Operated market(O&O) I guess NBC owns your local NBC affiliate. It doesn't have anything to do with signal stregnth.

Well I guess I will know in 45 days or less. I called up the eligibility department again, and told them that I wasn't going to go HD unless I knew if I could get the major networks or not. She said that I could go ahaid and send in the waivers and if they get approved that I'll sign up for HD. So I will have to let you guys know whether or not my waivers get approved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)