Thinking Directv is going to mess up my Best Buy Gift Cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cubsfanaz

Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Arizona
So, I decided to take advantage of the recent Directv Best Buy Promo offering a $50 Best Buy Gift Card for signing up for Directv through Best Buy, and a $300 gift card with purchase of a HDTV over $499.

I ordered service through bestbuy.directv.com on 7/18 and set up installation on 7/21. I emailed Directv to verify the promo had been extended through 7/21. The response I got was it was extended, but was for new customers only and I had been a customer for several years...huh??? I emailed back saying I just signed up and was told sorry for the confusion, and that my issue was going to be forwarded to a special department for review and I should receive a response within 48 hours. No response ever came, so I called to confirm my install. I was told the order was stuck, and even though in my online account it was showing 7/21 install, it was not scheduled. The CSR set me up for install 7/28 (tomorrow).

The 7/28 install date was not showing up in my account, but was showing "7/21 null." So, I emailed again to confirm the 7/28 install and ask about the $50 Best Buy Gift card. The CSR that responded stated I'm all set for install on 7/28, and the gift card is for new customers who sign up through Best Buy.

So, now I'm thinking that when I called the first time and they found my install was not set up, something happened and now it is not showing I signed up through Best Buy. Does this probably mean I am not going to get the $50 gift card or the $300 for the HDTV I bought? I haven't opened the TV yet, and am going to return it if the $50 gift card does not process.

I must say, not even having their service yet, I am not very impressed. How can there possibly be this much confusion with simply signing up online???

So, I decided to take advantage of the recent Directv Best Buy Promo offering a $50 Best Buy Gift Card for signing up for Directv through Best Buy, and a $300 gift card with purchase of a HDTV over $499.

I ordered service through bestbuy.directv.com on 7/18 and set up installation on 7/21. I emailed Directv to verify the promo had been extended through 7/21. The response I got was it was extended, but was for new customers only and I had been a customer for several years...huh??? I emailed back saying I just signed up and was told sorry for the confusion, and that my issue was going to be forwarded to a special department for review and I should receive a response within 48 hours. No response ever came, so I called to confirm my install. I was told the order was stuck, and even though in my online account it was showing 7/21 install, it was not scheduled. The CSR set me up for install 7/28 (tomorrow).

The 7/28 install date was not showing up in my account, but was showing "7/21 null." So, I emailed again to confirm the 7/28 install and ask about the $50 Best Buy Gift card. The CSR that responded stated I'm all set for install on 7/28, and the gift card is for new customers who sign up through Best Buy.

So, now I'm thinking that when I called the first time and they found my install was not set up, something happened and now it is not showing I signed up through Best Buy. Does this probably mean I am not going to get the $50 gift card or the $300 for the HDTV I bought? I haven't opened the TV yet, and am going to return it if the $50 gift card does not process.

I must say, not even having their service yet, I am not very impressed. How can there possibly be this much confusion with simply signing up online???

Alot of this type of stuff happens when you order from other vendors, other than D* themselves.

No way to know for sure until up to a about a week after installation. I've had a couple people I helped though the order process say that they've recently had their Best Buy $50 show up online. At least two of them were those that purchased after 7/14. My was installed on July 2nd, and my gift card SHIPPED via FedEx home on July 22nd, so three weeks later.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Jason

No way to know for sure until up to a about a week after installation. I've had a couple people I helped though the order process say that they've recently had their Best Buy $50 show up online. At least two of them were those that purchased after 7/14. My was installed on July 2nd, and my gift card SHIPPED via FedEx home on July 22nd, so three weeks later.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Jason

I do have a printout of my receipt from the bestbuy.directv.com website right after I placed my order. Hopefully, if it doesn't show in their system, I can email the receipt to them and they can correct it.

I need to figure out if I'm going to be able to get the $300 gift card. If not, I will return the TV to Best Buy and wait for a better deal on the TV.

That $300 rebate on a $500 HDTV is an amazing deal. The $50 they give you is less than you get from a referral . . you actually get $180 back if you are with the AAA auto club. :)

That $300 rebate on a $500 HDTV is an amazing deal. The $50 they give you is less than you get from a referral . . you actually get $180 back if you are with the AAA auto club. :)

Yes, but MANY. MANY of us are getting the $50 GC (plus the $300 for us buying the TV) plus the initial $100 referral since you could add a referral if you ordered online....so it wasn't an either/or.

So, I got $50GC + $300GC+ $100 referral credits = $450.00 in credits and gift cards. I also am getting $208 back from BING. All that wouldn't have been available if I went though AAA.

Without a TV purchase and additional receivers being purchased that would qualify for cash back, then for existing AAA members, that would be a greater savings....and nice and easy with no waiting.

Are you sure about Bing? I thought they only give you 40 percent of your hardware cost, which in my case was zero.

I have used Bing a couple of times this month (it disappears next week) and they now are giving instant credits , with no waiting period.

Are you sure about Bing? I thought they only give you 40 percent of your hardware cost, which in my case was zero.

I have used Bing a couple of times this month (it disappears next week) and they now are giving instant credits , with no waiting period.

YES....it's in my BING account waiting to pay out in 8 days. I did get 4 HD-DVR plus the TV Internet Connection Service. So, I had slightly less then $500 in receiver costs and $25 in installation costs. 40% of that was $208!

Basically it cost me $60 for the 2nd HD-DVR and $120 for the 3rd and 4th. The TV ICS ended up being $15.

Yes, for many it would be $0, but for me and some others...it was a nice extra benefit! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts