Thinking of a return to dish

Viacrap pulled the channels off Directv....they didnt even wait til Midnight to pull them (eastern time)..they abruptly yanked the feeds at 11:48.

A real spit-in-your-eye kinda thing, eh? If D* was planning on rolling over, they'd have reached a deal before programming got yanked. I'm glad to see some backbone.

What is real interesting, at least to me, is how long will they be off? Last time D* dropped/lost a channel, wasn't it off only a couple of days?

? For dirt. If I take the new customer promotions could I receive the dish America pack after the promo expired?

If you try to switch, the channels might be back on by the time you get Dish network installed. I am thinking this dispute is going to last a while. Look how big of a deal that is being made about it already and all the ads Viacom has made so far. I don't see them giving in for a while. Perhaps with as much as these channels cost, Directv figures they can lose subs and still be ahead.

If you try to switch, the channels might be back on by the time you get Dish network installed. I am thinking this dispute is going to last a while. Look how big of a deal that is being made about it already and all the ads Viacom has made so far. I don't see them giving in for a while. Perhaps with as much as these channels cost, Directv figures they can lose subs and still be ahead.

Precisely. And the satcos are under increasing pressure to resist the increasing demands of the providers. Yield here, the floodgates open. They HAVE TO show a willingness to drop carriage.

You got to start somewhere and this could be the start of a new revolution if they let it happen. The bigger question is, if there is one dispute already with channels dropped and then another contract dispute comes up, then what will the subscribers think at that point if even more channels get dropped?

Iceberg said:
also love how Viacrap is counting HD channels separate from SD
so CMT & CMTHD is 2 channels in their mind :rolleyes:

It's probably the same thing Disney is trying to do with Dish....ie count the SD & it's HD version as 2 different channels & get paid as such.

Dish america packs

Another ? For dirt team. I inquired about switching back to dish the other day and I found out that you has to be disconnected 60 days to return and get the new customer promos. If I did this would I be able to get the dish America packs after the promo expired or would I be better off just to open my old account to get the dish America packs. Also is there a place I can go to find out how much and what's in the dish America packs since they took them off their website?

Dirt help again. Ok I was told if I switch back to dish that I would be able to switch to one of the dish America packs when my promo is over but I was looking on the website earlier and there not listed. Do u have to be a customer to see these packages. I got the link yesterday but that was a dish package upgrade like if your a customer looked like to me. Also I was told dish had a long time contract with Viacom. I was wondering how long is a long time how many months or years cause if there demanding 30% increase then I got a feeling that dish will run through this same problem once their contract is up with Viacom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts