Thinking of coming back to direct tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
I have been a dish customer for about 15 years give or take. I want to switch because of the resent price hikes and lower income coming in etc.... I was wondering what my options would be? I have 2 HD tvs and 1 SD tv that is in perfect working condition. I really don't care about dvr it would be nice but is not needed. I also do want movie channels I have Netflix so I can get my movie fix there. Please help out.
Thank you

The Typical offer will be a Genie (HD DVR records 5 channels) and clients, clients work off the Genie, so you use a client, your using 1 of the 5 tuners. (equipment wise)

If you want to save money you can mirror the HD set via rf modulator to the SD TV assuming you don't mind the content mirroring both sets.

Otherwise go on their site and pick your package and you should have a really good idea as to costs in the 24 month timeframe

I doubt it would work but if OP set's up for HD install could it be downgraded to SD via the website? Then HD service would be removed.

Just make sure you know what your prices will be after the first 12 months, that was a deal breaker for me when I looked at switching. That second 12 month period just seemed way too expensive, but the time they dropped all the promos.

At least with Directv if you think your bill is too high
You can call Directv directy and see what incentive they'll give you, either bill credits or a reduced or maybe free upgrade
Even though your guaranteed a free upgrade every 2 years with Protection Plan.
Of course it all depends on someone's account status and history, bill payment history as well.

And you don't have to do the cancel threat although some have succumb to that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts