thinking of getting dirct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbskibum

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Buffalo NY
I am wondering if I do get the service at my primary residence can I take my reciever to my beach house which is 20 miles away and hook up the reciever to a community dish whish is also a direct tv dish will i be able to be able to have the same service i have at home? Will I be be required to sign up for two locations ?

Thank you for any help with my questions.

Its not legal but if you have a dish there you will get the stations its pointed at with your receiver. Will you get them all? Who knows what birds the dish is pointed at but if its the same setup there will be no difference expect spot beamed locals.

I think I would buy a dish the same as you have now hire and installer to set it up. Then you would be plug and pay.

Its not legal but if you have a dish there you will get the stations its pointed at with your receiver. Will you get them all? Who knows what birds the dish is pointed at but if its the same setup there will be no difference expect spot beamed locals.

There is nothing illegal about it. Is it against their terms of use, maybe but not illegal.

Their not going to come after the average Joe for taking a receiver to and from a weekend home. The worse that I could see happening that they will terminate the service.

I know they still go after that kind of stuff...but they don't do what Dish does and make you read off numbers on your box when you don't plug it into a phone line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR-20 "Season Pass" Editing

So how's the picture quality on the new HD channels????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts