Thinking of jumping ship.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
cablewithaview said:
no contracts or commitments, locals included no extra fee, VOD, phone service, broadband internet (makes bundling option more affordable then seprate services), true HD no HD lite. everyone has an opinion though.

oh please!! you forgot the kicker.

a nice 6-8% increase every 4-6 months:eek:

maxamus1975 said:
No long term contracts, no upfront cost for HD DVR :) (I really want this), No BS lease prices like D*:mad: , more HD channels, better PQ on HD channels (so I’ve heard) and On-demand. Not to mention because I have their high speed internet service, my bill for the two services will be cheaper, then what I’m paying now (D* $90, HIS $55).

I've been with DirecTV since 1998, HD since 2001. I've been very pleased with them over the years. However if I could get what you are describing, I'd probably be gone. The main thing that's been keeping me with DirecTV is the NFL Sunday Ticket. Last year the price increases on the ST almost brought that to an end. I'm still debating for this year. However I can't get cable where I am so I'm stuck. I don't see Dish as much different than DirecTV so I feel that'd be pointless to switch between satellite companies.

By their own admission, DirecTV is going to be lagging the competition on HD for another year. I'd say switch to cable to try it out and see how DirecTV's plans come together for 2007. If you find that you've made a mistake, at least you could say that you saved some money.

-JustBob

And the management for TWC here in Houston decided to completely rearrange the channel lineup overnight without telling anyone. Made a LOT of people mad, and the uproar was so big that they put it back.

Just one of many reasons I will NEVER go to cable!

dragon002 said:
oh please!! you forgot the kicker.

a nice 6-8% increase every 4-6 months:eek:

I have increased $2 in over 3 years, in that same amount of time both DBS services has increased roughly $5, so all providers have in truth increased roughly the same over all. It's not just one provider but all. Make sure you don't leave out that fact when making that statement.

cablewithaview said:
I have increased $2 in over 3 years, in that same amount of time both DBS services has increased roughly $5, so all providers have in truth increased roughly the same over all. It's not just one provider but all. Make sure you don't leave out that fact when making that statement.

comcrap just went up$6-7 dollars in pittsburgh the first part of the year. they also had a $6 dollar increase last july, and jan 2005 it went up an average of $8 dollars.

this is comcast pittsburgh, not the hooterville-pixley telephone and cable company.

It comes down to dollars and fairness for me.

With Directv, I still have the Select Choice package from 1998 that currently runs me (with DVR and Locals) about $40.00. Thats counting the new $3.00 increase they started tacking on this month. I get my HD from OTA so no charge there. I'm sticking with this package till they boot me off.

I went by Time Warner cable the other day and asked if they could compete with that price. They couldn't believe my deal, and they told me I should stick with Directv! Never thought I would hear them say that! At least they were honest. The closest thing they could offer would run about $55.95 a month.

Directv has always been fair with me and I think you should stick with companies that deal that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts