Thinking of purchase....

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Thinking of buying. Is there somewhere, other than glorystar.tv site, to buy the equipment? Maybe GOOD used, and cheaper than new, or a distributor other than GS?

Thinking of the DVR unit.

Thanks,

Bob

You might try Ebay, otherwise, I have no idea. You might check with Glorystar and ask them if they ever take in trades or anything.

Good luck, you definately won't be disappointed! :up

Equipment

It is my understanding that you can use any FTA system to pick up the channels glorystar offers. the benefit is you get your receiver preprogrammed to receive only Christians stations as well as support if you buy from Glorystar.

We all need to remember that if we want glorystar (or any other business) to continue we need to support them by purchasing from them whenever possible. After all, they don't make $ on any monthly fees

While any FTA system (with a linear LNB) will work with the GloryStar system, remember that the channels are on two satellites (101°W & 97°W). To get both requires two dishes or a dish with 2 LNBs. Because of the 4° spacing of these two satellites you need the special LNBs and adapter sold by GloryStar (or SatelliteAV) to receive them on a 90CM dish. Not all 90CM dishes will work with the special adapter.

You can of course choose to aim at only one of the satellites (with reduced number of channels) or set up a motorized system.
Bob

You can also use any 80cm/90 cm/Primestar etc dish, along with Fortec Universal LNBs placed side by side and have no problem hitting both birds. No special brackets needed. Hose clamps or zip ties work great.

For most people living in North America, the Glorystar system is so cheap I don't know why anyone would want to look for used parts and try assembly on their own. I plan on buying a second dish with the monoblock and Glorystar programming soon. I had hoped to buy it last week but the car broke down and cost me $500 to get out of the garage. The money one saves by not paying monthly fees will pay for the entire system in less than a year compared to cable, DISH or DirectTV and less than a year and a half compared to SkyAngel, which is no longer a DBS option.

Other channels available too?

If I buy the receiver and dish from glorystar can i receive other channels as well that are fta but not on the channel lineup? I don't know if there are many I'd be interested in and how I find out what they are but I'm trying to learn all I can.

Thanks,
Lori

If I buy the receiver and dish from glorystar can i receive other channels as well that are fta but not on the channel lineup? I don't know if there are many I'd be interested in and how I find out what they are but I'm trying to learn all I can.

Thanks,
Lori
Take a look at "The List" (tab at top of this page) and look at 97.0°W Galaxy 25 Ku and 101.0°W AMC 4 Ku. Everything in black is FTA and you can get with the dual LNB Glorystar system. You need to do a blind scan to get the ones that don't come preinstalled.
Bob

FTA List and additional satellites

Take a look at "The List" (tab at top of this page) and look at 97.0°W Galaxy 25 Ku and 101.0°W AMC 4 Ku. Everything in black is FTA and you can get with the dual LNB Glorystar system. You need to do a blind scan to get the ones that don't come preinstalled.
Bob

Thank you. The List tab says fta...why are the one in red on the list if they are not free? Why don't they just have the black ones on the FTA list? If I want to also get some of the fta channels that are on other satellites (like Galaxy 10r i think it was) will the receiver purchased from glorystar work as long as i have another dish pointed at the other satellites? Or can you not hook additional dishes up to the receiver/dish set from GloryStar?
Thanks for your information...this is all very interesting...I will also go read more in the fta forums...
Lori

Thank you. The List tab says fta...why are the one in red on the list if they are not free? Why don't they just have the black ones on the FTA list? If I want to also get some of the fta channels that are on other satellites (like Galaxy 10r i think it was) will the receiver purchased from glorystar work as long as i have another dish pointed at the other satellites? Or can you not hook additional dishes up to the receiver/dish set from GloryStar?
Thanks for your information...this is all very interesting...I will also go read more in the fta forums...
Lori
The red ones are there because they are strong signals that make aiming the dish easier.

As far as receiving other sats, the GS receiver works just like any other FTA receiver, and will allow you to scan in other sats as you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)