Thinking of switching to D* with some questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IMO, despite the smaller hard drive than the HR22 and HR23, the HR20 is the best of the HR2x series.

uncrules, have you ever seen the model HR20 that had a black version? it was the HR20-100. you know anyone that has it? i can only find the silver version and the HR20-700 that was only available in silver. if i could find that HR20-100 in black i would purchase it immediately just to experience improvement with a D* HD DVR. i've heard this before about the HR20 being better than the models that followed it and it's making me want one.

IMO, despite the smaller hard drive than the HR22 and HR23, the HR20 is the best of the HR2x series.
I haven't used a 22 or 23. But my 20 is better then the 21 I used for 3 short months.
HR 20 has come a long way . And Still looks Great.
Thats one thing E* can't seem to get right with the receivers. I think they are by Far the worst looking receiver out of any provider in my area.:)
I think D* HR are built better for the long haul Hardware wise. Yes Software seems to be something that needs work.
I think E* VIPs have that down , But I 'm just wondering how long before my 622 needs a major repair.
My 612 is might be dead soon.
They seem to Need TLC after the first Year.
E* going to be getting a Nasty Phone call if they don't make good on my 612.:(

uncrules, have you ever seen the model HR20 that had a black version? it was the HR20-100. you know anyone that has it? i can only find the silver version and the HR20-700 that was only available in silver. if i could find that HR20-100 in black i would purchase it immediately just to experience improvement with a D* HD DVR. i've heard this before about the HR20 being better than the models that followed it and it's making me want one.

I've never seen one personally. D* didn't make as many 100s as 700s since the 700 was first and had more time on the market before the HR21 came out.

My silver 700 does stick out like a sore thumb as it sits amongst my black Xbox 360 Elite, black PS3, black HD DVD and black home theater receiver.

Thats Funny how that happend.
For me Everything was silver , and now everything is black. :)

yeah i once had it all in silver except for the AV receiver which i did try to find one. now everything is in black. can't stand the sight of that silver.

I've never seen one personally. D* didn't make as many 100s as 700s since the 700 was first and had more time on the market before the HR21 came out.

My silver 700 does stick out like a sore thumb as it sits amongst my black Xbox 360 Elite, black PS3, black HD DVD and black home theater receiver.

I haven't used a 22 or 23. But my 20 is better then the 21 I used for 3 short months.
HR 20 has come a long way . And Still looks Great.
Thats one thing E* can't seem to get right with the receivers. I think they are bar Far the worst looking receiver out of any provider in my area.:)
I think D* HR are built better for the long haul Hardware wise. Yes Software seems to be something that needs work.
I think E* VIPs have that down , But I 'm just wondering how long before my 622 needs a major repair.
My 612 is might be dead soon.
They seem to Need TLC after the first Year.
E* going to be getting a Nasty Phone call if they don't make good on my 612.:(

Aside from having built in OTA that the 21, 22 and 23 don't have, IMO the HR20 puts out a sharper picture than the 22. When I got my HR22 I moved my HR20 to my bedroom. But immediately I felt that the PQ was softer on my 60" TV than it was with the HR20. So I switched them and put the HR22 on my smaller 42" bedroom TV. Also until I got the newest national software release, the guide/menu performance on the HR20 was much faster than the HR22. But with the new release on the HR22, the performance on the two boxes is much closer.

My HR20-100 is also silver. I have yet to see a black one.

My HR20-100 is also silver. I have yet to see a black one.

img_5970.jpg

I like it, But silver no longer matches any of my equipment anymore.
I think the silver runs cooler and is quieter too (many more vents and openings). Mine never gets above 97. My dad has a black HR21, even though it is a different receiver, his is seldom below 100 and the fan is a lot louder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts