Thinking of switching to Directv....some questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the fewer boxes the closer the price is.
when you get more then 2 boxes is where d* pulls ahead
since the price is the same for any box, you can afford the monthly hit easier
would you rather pay for 6 hr24's($30) or 6 722's ($85)
both give first free
yeah six is extreme, but some people do it

To make it fair, the 612 is the equivalent to the HRs, so the monthly would be $60 for 6 612s. Yeah, still more expensive in receiver fees, but not nearly so lopsided as your example. And some of that could be made up in the lower subscription costs. But overall, yes D* is cheaper when lots of receivers are involved, that's been known for some time.

Just got off the phone with D*. They offered 2 HRs for free, plus 3rd one for $200. I'm one conversation away from talking to my son about paying for his HR, or at least a goodly portion of it.

One thing I noticed on the website, when I plug in the zip code for here (62948) all the package prices on the deals go up $5, yet show $26 and the math seems right. For instance the initial page, and an email from them show Xtra @$34.95. But on the website it shows $39.95 after I plug in my Zip. Whazzup with that??

One question, I was going to use refer a friend, but I'm not sure that works for returning customers (over 2 years ago).

lparsons21 said:
Just got off the phone with D*. They offered 2 HRs for free, plus 3rd one for $200. I'm one conversation away from talking to my son about paying for his HR, or at least a goodly portion of it.

One thing I noticed on the website, when I plug in the zip code for here (62948) all the package prices on the deals go up $5, yet show $26 and the math seems right. For instance the initial page, and an email from them show Xtra @$34.95. But on the website it shows $39.95 after I plug in my Zip. Whazzup with that??

One question, I was going to use refer a friend, but I'm not sure that works for returning customers (over 2 years ago).

Is one with and one without locals ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo
34.99 is the "promo" price for Xtra with locals. Its 31.99 if locals arent available (if locals are available you must take them)

OK this is weird

If I use larry's zip in his profile (62948) from the "main" D* page it does show Xtra at 39.95 BUT it also has "Select" for 29.99. tried a couple other zips in Illinois and they show the same info it does in Minneapolis (34.99 for Xtra)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 191
dang you got an extra $5 off in the promo....mine was 34.99 for a year. I guess I was a few days early (and $5 short) ;)

Well, what a difference a day makes... And unfortunately, not a good difference! :(

Just finished spending more time that I should have with D*. I called to tell them let's go with the deal THEY offered yesterday, even got the same salesman (heck of a nice guy, as all sales people are). But they deal they offered isn't doable. This is indicator #1 that D* still is screwey at times.

So they come back and said, here's what we can do. 1 HR for free, 1 HR for $70, 1 H for free (or an HR for $200). I said OK, let's do the 2 HRs and 1 H. He goes away to enter the order and get everything setup, comes back, no - they can't do this order THEY offered - indicator #2 that D* is even screwier at times than I had originally thought.

So now the offer is 1 HR for free, 1 HR for $174, 1 H for free. I said new customer can get identical equip for $148 on the D* website right now. He puts on tap shoes and starts some fine dancing around. I put up with it for awhile and then politely said we aren't doing this deal. I mean come on, 3 deals THEY offer with 2 THEY won't honor? Not gonna happen!

If my son wants the NFL, he can figure out how to get it all on his own.

The frustrating part of all this is that for the over 2 years I was previously with DirecTV, I had no issues with sales, customer service or technical. In fact I left them solely because the HRs at the time were such pigs in remote response and no other reason. I always read the stories of this odd crap that makes no sense as coming from someone that either doesn't understand english or wants way more than is fair. In my case, THEY were making the damned offers! :(

CSR roulette! That's all I can say. :)

Yeah, I could do that. But frankly if I have to jump through hoops to get a company to do business with me and honor the offers THEY make, then I don't need to do business with that company. So thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I just wasted over 30 minutes of my life I won't ever get back!! :)

call dishstore
but standard is 1hr free
2nd hr 99
3rd hr 199

Doesn't matter what the 'standard' is. They offered 3 different 'non standard' deals and welched on two of them. If I want the standard, I can go to the local dealer and pick the exact hardware I want. But after today's fiasco, I'm not prepared to take 'standard' at all. D* would have to call me and make a very good deal to get me to want to put up with crap like this at all. There will be no call from me to DirecTV that will be about sales.

It appears on the other site, that someone else got the same issue I had, reneged on their initial offer to him, just as they did with me, I have to assume that they didn't decide to honor their offer or offer a different one that was suitable. Oh well, either poor training of at least 2 different sales types, or a slyness on D*'s part seems to be evident.

One positive thing that I can say for D* is that the sales guy I was dealing with never tried to weasel around the errors in his offers. He just simply said that he was informed that he was incorrect. I have to respect that even if I'm not going to do business with D*.

My look all started 'cause my son wanted the free NFL. I don't care about that package 'cause I can see all the sports I want without any additional sports package. But I thought what the hell, I could add a location in my house and save a few bucks in the process. Only losing BBCA and AMC in HD, which wouldn't be so bad as I could watch them in the new location on a smaller set where HD isn't nearly the big deal it is on a big screen.

After talking to my son, he would never have renewed the NFL package at the price it is. He just never looked beyond the 'free NFL Sunday Ticket' offer.

I think in honor of D* welching on the deals they offered, I'll look for something to do to increase my business with E*. I just don't know what that might be yet!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)