Thinking of switching to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigike

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Hi,
I'm thinking of switching to Directtv and have a question about the installation... If I order 2 hddvr's, 2 hd receivers and one standard receiver, will I get an swm installation? The reason I ask is that I have a new concrete block home that is structure wired. There is one line that goes into the side of the house that feeds to an on-q box that distributes to the outlets, both coax and ethernet. I'm going to assume that the swm could go in the on-q box and feed the outlets. Thanks for any advice.

As a new customer with that many receivers (7 tuners total), I'd say you would get an SWM installation. This would be a Slimline dish with the SWM SL3 or SL5 LNB. This has just one output to run to your junction box. Within that box would be the power inserter (PI) and SWM splitter to run to your receivers. The DVRs only require one cable to enable both tuners.

When you order, make sure that it is noted on the work order that a SWM install is required.

I understand that, not what I asked. You told him to make sure it was on the order and I thought the swm lnbs were standard now.

If you get HD the SWM is standard...thats what the installer told me yesterday when he did my install

If you go SD only it depends on where your locals are or whether or not you need Spanish channels

I am curious to see the result of it... been doing this 7 years and still have not yet even seen my first SWM system.

I have this weird luck, like I worked at a pizza shop for 7 years and never once had an anchovie pizza come in when I was on the line making pizzas.

unless the OP needs Spanish channels or his SD locals are on 119 wouldnt they give him the 3 LNB SWM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts