Thinking of switching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
The prices look good. At least for the first year.

Does anyone know if you can get directv with NO movie channels? I just want the networks, discovery, scifi, history and stuff like that.

Also, what would it cost?

The website only seems to let you choose packages with movie channels and no way to drop them.

you can get D* with no movies. Thats what I have

Choice + with a DVR

You get 3 months of Starz/Showtime free but you can cancel them with no penalty.

Awesome, sounds great. I have a few other questions if you don't mind.

From the prices on ebay, buying the receivers would pay for themselves in a year or two. Is it worth it to buy a HD DVD & HD receiver off ebay to save the $5/mo lease fee? Or is there no way around the $5/mo?

Or are there problems with going that route, like bogus receivers, etc.?

Thanks for your help. :)

You are most likely not buying the receiver if you get it off of ebay. No mater what you either have a $5 lease fee or a $5 mirror fee for an owned system.

I have Showtime free for 3 months but after that there outta here. They should have offered me HBO, Showtime stinks.

I have Showtime free for 3 months but after that there outta here. They should have offered me HBO, Showtime stinks.

They don't have the same type of agreement with HBO, it's VERY RARE that you'll ever see HBO given out for free like the ShowTime.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)