Thinking of upgrading to hoppers

I'm torn, I have a 622 today and would like something with more recording capacity and capabilities, so hopper or genie both are attractive.
Did I misread your post? DISH offered you a pretty good deal on an upgrade and you don't see it as such?

DIRECTV is willing to pony up around $800 dollars (Q2 2012 SAC was $789, Q1 2012 SAC was $816) to find your wallet because they're pretty sure they'll wring most of it out of you during the first 24 months. They don't give deals because they are nice.

When you're doing your cost comparisons, don't forget that DIRECTV charges about the same for their OTA tuner.

It seems like the two 211s might be an easier install and perhaps cheaper, as running coax from the family room to upstairs could be a pain.
How does choosing a ViP211 over some other solution get around installing coax?

Typically, the cost of installation doesn't depend on how difficult it is (unless you demand something above and beyond what is necessary).

I was expecting it to be easier to drop two cables from the attic into the bedrooms than to fish cable through a bunch of finished walls to get from the family room to the bedroom.

And as for cost, the last time Dish installers came calling any running cables through an inside wall was an upcharge. Have things changed since then?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)