Thinking of upgrading to the HD TIVO. Opinions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
asousa said:
Robert,

can you make any guarentee that I will be updated to an MPEG-4 box when they come around if I bought the H10-250 from you today??

Would you personally upgrade if D* doesn't??

No i can't guarantee, but D* is nowhere near as cut throat in terms of equipement upgrades at Dish. I feel the company will take care of us, if only to stop paying royalty fee to Tivo. It makes economic sense in the long run, I think this standard will definitely last for at least 10-15 years before next upgrade (whatever that maybe). Besides $699 is not bad considering the 942 only has one OTA and the Tivo has two. ;) Now if you are asking about programming pricing that is a different story all together.

I went ahead and bought one from Robert on Monday. He indicated that it wouldn't be here until Thursday/Friday. It showed up yesterday (Wednesday). Couldn't be happier with the purchasing experience.

My opinion is that it is definitely worth it at this new price. I've always wanted the HD TiVo since I became addicted to the SD TiVo a couple of years ago. My only regret was waiting this long, but the original $1000 price tag was a little too much.

smays said:
I went ahead and bought one from Robert on Monday. He indicated that it wouldn't be here until Thursday/Friday. It showed up yesterday (Wednesday). Couldn't be happier with the purchasing experience.

My opinion is that it is definitely worth it at this new price. I've always wanted the HD TiVo since I became addicted to the SD TiVo a couple of years ago. My only regret was waiting this long, but the original $1000 price tag was a little too much.

Did Robert mention anything about the MPEG-4 upgrade by any chance???

Yes, he did discuss the impending transition from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 and how these boxes will eventually have to be swapped out (details still uncertain) for a non-TiVo DVR. But he did not have any additional information that hasn't already been discussed on this forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)