Third BUD goes up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
After a 2 year vacation in storage, we put the Fortec 1.8 dish together again for fun. Simply bolted to a heavy wood pallet with metal bars across the top and bottom to allow slight rotation. So far it's been at various locations around the house allowing for some portable C band site testing. Pointed at 97°W as pictured.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 256
Nice prodelin dish. I have a 6' and a 4' prodelin. I had to make a bracket out of hardware store steel to hold the lnbf since the radio was gone.

After a 2 year vacation in storage, we put the Fortec 1.8 dish together again for fun. Simply bolted to a heavy wood pallet with metal bars across the top and bottom to allow slight rotation. So far it's been at various locations around the house allowing for some portable C band site testing. Pointed at 97°W as pictured.

I have an older true focus dish on a ring for single sat reception. I have it with some blocks laying on the ring to keep it on sat but I thought if I wanted to make it a perminate part of my system (getting a new motor for my 7.5') I would just did 4 holes down with the post hole digger and fill with concrete with threaded bolts in the concrete around the cir of the bottom ring then I could move the bud around the ring and tighten the bolts down to hold in place where wanted. but as stated the motor is on the way and the true focus in coming out and going in storage again. Just a thought

kudos:

... Simply bolted to a heavy wood pallet with metal bars across the top and bottom to allow slight rotation.
Very creative use of wood 'n cement blocks... in both cases!

The 6' Prodelin and NPRM are particularly attractive! - :up

How do you like your offset? Have you ever tried Ku on it?

The offset is setup for 105°W on C band for daily 4DTV viewing with a second Ku LNBF along side for 101°W. I used it for a short time on for 99°W when satellite X4 was still active for 4DTV. It works great for both with room for more.

Yes, those are concrete test cylinders. Some painted different colors. My property in the woods is filled with them. I think a former owner worked for one of the local plants.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts