This is a bit funny!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellitedxer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
The woodlands,Texas
I had the pansat 2700 hooked up along with the kbox pro to see what the signal differencial is on the boxes.

I thought maybe the kbox was a high signal, however I am getting a better signal pct with the pansat!

I am getting at least a 99 pct quality signal on all sats except 1 from 72 to 119.

However, I have always bragged about the pansat scan being fast, well appearently Pansat misses alot of tps on the scan.

I scanned 103 Amc 1 and picked up 4-5 feeds more on the kbox than I did the pansat! I had to manually enter them on the pansat to pick them up, of course one thing the kbox has that most dont is a symbol range on the blind scan, I always use the 7.5 and under scan since the majority of feeds are under 7.5 on the symbol rate.

To compare the two

The pansat takes me 5 mins to do a complete blind scan, but misses tps,and alot of them believe it or not!

The blind scan on the kbox using the 7.5 and under symbol option takes about 7 mins but seems to pick up everything.

I have to say the Kbox is a top notch fta receiver, especially with the pvr option. I am hoping since the IKS is done on this box the price will be alot lower on the hd box when it comes out soon. Rumor has it that it will be the first to do both 4.2.2 and have a blind scan on the receiver, a source told me they are to debut at around $350, however that was when they were going on the hack IKS, Now they might be a bit cheaper when they come out!

I know I have talked alot about this box, but it is truly a nice receiver!

It sounds in translation like KBox sales aren't going well, or went down a lot. 99 Q on all sats - sounds like another record after 12.5W catching. Keep posting your results pls. :)

I had the pansat 2700 hooked up along with the kbox pro to see what the signal differencial is on the boxes.

I thought maybe the kbox was a high signal, however I am getting a better signal pct with the pansat!
comparing signal quality on different boxes will yield different results. I have worked with around 30 different FTA recievers and all read different
Pansat reads the "truest"..usually 30 quality to lock, 99 max
Coolsat 5000 meter sucks...minimum is 63, max is 82 on old meter. Most read 70-71
Coolsat 8000 anything near 65-68 on the Pansat will read 99 on the 8000...but it does hold a lock at 20
Fortec...old models worked great like Pansat....newer models they neutered the meter so you wont see a 99
I've had many receivers that show 99 quality when its no where near that

I am getting at least a 99 pct quality signal on all sats except 1 from 72 to 119.
IIRC you have a 1.2m dish correct?

However, I have always bragged about the pansat scan being fast, well appearently Pansat misses alot of tps on the scan.
huh? Pansat blind scan is the most thorough I've seen. Slow as hell but thorough

I scanned 103 Amc 1 and picked up 4-5 feeds more on the kbox than I did the pansat! I had to manually enter them on the pansat to pick them up, of course one thing the kbox has that most dont is a symbol range on the blind scan, I always use the 7.5 and under scan since the majority of feeds are under 7.5 on the symbol rate.
news feeds yes
sports feeds nope :)

The pansat takes me 5 mins to do a complete blind scan, but misses tps,and alot of them believe it or not!

The blind scan on the kbox using the 7.5 and under symbol option takes about 7 mins but seems to pick up everything.
you're not comparing apples to apples. And I'll put the blind scan of a Pansat against any reciever. It may not be the fastest but I can assure you it will pick up things that other receivers miss

I have to say the Kbox is a top notch fta receiver, especially with the pvr option. I am hoping since the IKS is done on this box the price will be alot lower on the hd box when it comes out soon. Rumor has it that it will be the first to do both 4.2.2 and have a blind scan on the receiver, a source told me they are to debut at around $350, however that was when they were going on the hack IKS, Now they might be a bit cheaper when they come out!

hate to tell you but technically the azbox is the 1st. It has blind scan and 4:2:2 ;)

Was this on a motorized dish? 103º needs a nonstandard skew for the LNBF.

I question whether 103ºW is a good example with which to compare receiver scanning results.

Yeah, I have always like pansat. However, I scanned in 7 sats with the two receivers at the same time and I missed about 20 feeds on the Pansat that I got on the KBox!

The pansat is the 2700, so maybe the newer ones would not miss the tps.

Maybe the difference is the detail of the scan on the kbox, As I said, I always use the 7.5 or less symbol rate so it may focus more on a scan than the Pansat does on the full scan.

I am now thinking that all this time what all feeds I missed with the pansat through the years! lol!

the azbox is the 1st. It has blind scan and 4:2:2 ;)

the azbox only has a guided scan. lets be honest. someday it may have a blind scan but ive read and read til my eyes bled and it aint so blind.

there really is no number one reciever. only a combination that gets it all done. without an honest and true comparison with manufacturer support will we ever really know what we need until some one buys everything and tests it all. this is how and why our hobby exists. embrace it or hate it. thanks to the OP for posting their findings. even unit to unit differences exist. id point to proof but its off forum and i dont want to ruffle feathers. what works for the people in the south doesnt always produce the same results in the north and vice versa. location should be posted with every post so it can be taken in context. a few of a true testers cents. take em or leave em.

crackt out,.

Yeah, I have always like pansat. However, I scanned in 7 sats with the two receivers at the same time and I missed about 20 feeds on the Pansat that I got on the KBox! ..

What do you mean, scanned in 7 sats with the two receivers at the same time?

How are these receivers hooked up? Loop out? Multiswitch? One at a time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts