This is crazy

I have 100 Mbps fiber with unlimited data and landline pone service for about $103 a month (which includes all the taxes and fees).

Biggest problem with the landline phone is that people try to send text messages to it. Of course they don't go through. But the sender does not get an error message and thinks their text was sent! You would think in 2020 that they could figure out how to notify the sender that the text did not go through.

Usually the cell provider will send a message back saying it’s a land line

This is crazy. I'm in the fifth largest city in the country and my choices are Cox, Cox and Cox. You want internet? You get Cox.

Reactions: dtv757
I have 100 Mbps fiber with unlimited data and landline pone service for about $103 a month (which includes all the taxes and fees).

Biggest problem with the landline phone is that people try to send text messages to it. Of course they don't go through. But the sender does not get an error message and thinks their text was sent! You would think in 2020 that they could figure out how to notify the sender that the text did not go through.

Might depend on the carrier. I unknowingly sent a text to a (AT&T POTS) landline from my Sprint iPhone and a error message came back.

"SprintFreeMsg: Oops! Your message to XXXXXXXXXX cannot be delivered as the destination address is not valid. Please verify the number."

3 options where I live.

AT&T Fiber, Spectrum (Charter) Cable, and Grande Cable.

All offer gig down but only AT&T Fiber offers gig up. The upload from both cable companies top out at 50mbps.

Oh and AT&T 1000/1000 runs $50-$70 a month. Spectrum's 1000/50 is a whopping $104.99/mo for 24 months then goes up even higher. Grande's 1000/50 is $69.99/mo for 24 months.

I have Verizon and if I send to a Land Line, I get a message back letting me know it was a land line.

I have charter gig, it’s solid...but I’d like to also have upstream gig service, att in my area only offers 25mbps, which is a joke, I pay about $130 a month.

With that said, charter has been solid in my area, so I don’t have many complaints, I do wish we had better competition to help drive down the cost.

3 options where I live.

All offer gig down but only AT&T Fiber offers gig up. The upload from both cable companies top out at 50mbps.

Oh and AT&T 1000/1000 runs $50-$70 a month. Spectrum's 1000/50 is a whopping $104.99/mo for 24 months then goes up even higher. Grande's 1000/50 is $69.99/mo for 24 months.
Must be nice ... I can have the honor of spending $99 for 100 mg.

I have charter gig, it’s solid...but I’d like to also have upstream gig service, att in my area only offers 25mbps, which is a joke, I pay about $130 a month.

With that said, charter has been solid in my area, so I don’t have many complaints, I do wish we had better competition to help drive down the cost.
More competition doesn't drive the price down (rarely), usually it lets the others know how much they can charge (and get away with it).

Must be nice ... I can have the honor of spending $99 for 100 mg.
I
3 options where I live.

I pay $55 for AT&T 1000/1000 in Missouri

Reactions: dtv757
Cox rapes its customers $120 for "gig"/35Mbps up +$50 for "unlimited "

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cox rapes its customers $120 for "gig"/35Mbps up +$50 for "unlimited "

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thats more than I would pay, however, $1 per Mg sounds awfully high as well.
Like I mentioned, $99 for 100 mg, while others can get a Gig for under $75.

I live in a rural area where we have recent access to spectrum gig, and AT&T's idea of competition for that is 12mbps or less. We're hoping that soon Starlink will be able to provide some actual competition to spectrum.

I had AT&T 12mbps and Directv for two years but switched to a spectrum internet and TV bundle when they upgraded the area to gig.

I live in a rural area where we have recent access to spectrum gig, and AT&T's idea of competition for that is 12mbps or less. We're hoping that soon Starlink will be able to provide some actual competition to spectrum.

I had AT&T 12mbps and Directv for two years but switched to a spectrum internet and TV bundle when they upgraded the area to gig.

That might be because that is the max AT&T can do with DSL

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts