This is how you can tell its cold

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And like I said earlier treat it like new tv's when it comes to cold weather, and don't plug it right away, wait at least 15-20 minutes, a little less if its an installer doing the boot up process.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And like I said earlier treat it like new tv's when it comes to cold weather, and don't plug it right away, wait at least 15-20 minutes, a little less if its an installer doing the boot up process.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Agree

All electronics should be allowed to warm to about room temp before plugging them in.

Fwiw, Andrews post shows 2*C, thats about 35* F, the box should not be doing that at 35*

Actually, the temperature shown in the screenshot is -2 C, which is 28.4 F. Not that much of a difference but below freezing.

I definitely agree with giving time for electronic devices to get to room temperature before turning them on. Better be safe than sorry.

Actually, the temperature shown in the screenshot is -2 C, which is 28.4 F. Not that much of a difference but below freezing.

I definitely agree with giving time for electronic devices to get to room temperature before turning them on. Better be safe than sorry.

Ok, but still it shouldn't really be going to that screen, but it shouldn't take long to come back either.

Like I said earlier, I do run across this when getting everything ready in the Motorhome up north if it's cold at the time I'm checking, 20's or less as well as when I get down south on the VERY hot days due to the placement of the recvr.

It use to happen more often, but I have since moved the recvr from the shelf next to the TV to the basement of the Motor home.

When Direct did my install a few weeks ago, I got that screen on the HR44. Don't remember the temp it showed, but it took almost 30 minutes before it decided it was warm enough to proceed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)