This is really odd

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Everyone has experienced some sort of dilemna with the support application programs for the AZBox. Here is a new one for you to chew on. I don't have a problem, but I thought you would find the information amusing.

On my desk PC, which is a Gateway Media Center PC, I have installed MaZEdit 3.0
The operating system resident here is Windows Vista.

When I open the MaZEdit application program it consistently requests me to "INSERT A DISK". There is no disk to enter for this program, so I just click on the message to close it out, three times, and then the message goes away and the program opens.

However, when it opens it has defaulted to Espanol and there is no option to select the languge of choice. The language box is empty and if I click on it, there are no choices to select from to change it to English or anything else for that matter.

In all honesty, I did this as a joke, sort of. When requested, I put a DVD disk in the CD/DVD drive - A movie DVD that I intended to tansfer to the HDD within the AZBOx.

The MaZEdit application program boots up just fine and in English!

I know what you are going to say, now. I am crazy and I did something wrong here or there with the installation. Well, don't say it because I have installed this program six ways to Sunday and with this computer and the Vista OS it always acts this same way.

If you can explain why, I wil accept that.

Otherwise, this is just an oddball thing that I discovered. There is no reason behind it that I know of and I am only telling it to you now because I thught it was unique. It has acted the same way for a nearly a year and I am satisfied with this strange operation. It works if I play this game, even though it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Makes me wonder if I insert a movie that is in Japanes or German or some other language if MaZEdit will open in that language. Hmm. ????

RADAR

I had a similar issue on XP when I ran a AV scan and quaranteened malware. But, on a reboot MazEdit worked just fine.

AZBOXHD 8PSK Turbo TUNER

Jumped in on an AZBOX today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)