THIS is RIDICULOUS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
Blew all night, started snowing around 7:30, now there's got to be 10 inches of snow.
ndweather.jpgdeep_shit.jpgwinterSnow.jpg
The end or our blizzard is not in sight yet. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?

Catching the northern edge of that storm. Maybe 1/2" snow so far and of course the wind. Incessant wind! Only a few flakes falling right now but it could start up again any time. Where is spring???

Forecasters said half inch of snow here last night and we got just over 6 inches and now calling for rain/showers from Wednesday into weekend. Had been hoping to start work on first C Band dish this week! :(

Hah, was 72* with sun shine here in Virginia today and suppose to be in the 70s all week. It's about time!! :D I'm planning to be at the race track Friday for some testing!

Yep 70's here too today finally...whew.

Ditto. High will be 80 on Wednesday. So, if it's warming up in the South, the North shouldn't have to suffer too many more weeks :)

Ditto. High will be 80 on Wednesday. So, if it's warming up in the South, the North shouldn't have to suffer too many more weeks :)

HaHa! We've been pounded with snow and freezing rain for six days straight. At least 80cm of snow plus huge drifting. Thousands without power. Just heard PEI is getting walloped with snow/winds today, cars all over the place. The kids in PEI were only in school 10 days out of 20 for March!

Let's hope for April showers. :dead

I spoke to a relative that lives near the ND/MN/Canadian border today and they got 21 inches of snow yesterday and last night

ND/MN/Canadian border region- that's it. Heard the Greenbush MN area got 30 inches(unofficial)
Yeah, well, 8 am till 1:30 pm(with a half hour break) to dig out. (And I didn't do a complete/tidy job) Got somewhere around 18 to 24 inches. (I hear it's) A new Record for the date @ the local NWS office. (Whoop teee Fr(^%kn Doooo) At least the sun came out. That's been a rarity this winter.
Supposed to warm (back) up by the weekend to the 40's. We can only hope.

Buddy of mine in GFK sent me some pics of snow over half way up his patio doors... Don't think they will be BBQing for a while! Radio show this am ran a story about a bunch of grateful travelers who stayed the night in Drayton ND... Glad they made it somewhere safe.

Too many times I have had to resort to using a GPS to find an exit ramp off of I29 when visibility was zero. The last time that happened I followed the exit ramp until I could see nothing... when the storm died down we were parked in the middle of a Wal Mart parking lot in Sioux City! (batteries quit on the handheld GPS so we had no idea where we ended up). Found a nice hotel room and stayed there for the next 24 hours until the road opened...

Followed an 18 wheeler thru GF late today. Had to of been 3 ft of snow on top of the reefer trailer. Just missed the late local news/weather so don't know what the 'official' total is but: We Don't need ANY MORE! (AND We didn't need this!) It's like December again!

Just thought I'd add: we set another record (at the NWS station anyway) . Record LOW temp in the am. geez, can't we get a break?
Oh, I-29 story, Know someone coming back from wintering in Texas. Ran into snow south of Sioux City so stopped at truck stop. They were there for 6 days. Luckily, they were pulling travel trailer and truck stop owner had 'em plug in electric and sewer.

Was 89* and sunny here in Virginia today! Suppose to be 80* tomorrow. Cherry blossoms and daffodils are blooming and it feels like spring. Sorry! :D

sorry, MAA, you're lovin' it. For each 'forecast' they have been lowering the 'forecast' high over the next 5 days. So in other words, may see low 30's instead of upper 40's (or a low 50) come this weekend. At this rate it's going to be late July before we see a dandelion.

Was clearing snow last week around my fuel tanks and found a stinkweed growing under 4ft of snow I had removed.. Kind of refreshing to see something green. It will be frozen solid now after a few nights at less than 0F. Us northerners will have to migrate south to FL just to maintain mental health... Think we should purchase Cuba. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts