This is the Most Obnoxious Site of All Time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I have been on the Internet for roughly 20 yrs. I have never seen a single website as obnoxious as this one. So many Popups that keep loading and loading over the content. Pages load so slow because they are burdened by a ton of popups ads and all these moving elements. I understand you guys trying to make a buck however I wonder how many users you lose and how many stay on the site forums for less time because of this. This has got to be the ugliest implementation of all this garbage also. Take a look at another high traffic site like dvdtalk. That site makes $$$ and has advertising but a cleaner look. I challenge anyone here to show me a site forums worse than this. And are post it notes so huge with you dish folks. Enough already! Same damn popups loading and I think the users get so pissed they wont deal with those advertisers.

Rob

I have been on the Internet for roughly 20 yrs. I have never seen a single website as obnoxious as this one. So many Popups that keep loading and loading over the content. Pages load so slow because they are burdened by a ton of popups ads and all these moving elements. I understand you guys trying to make a buck however I wonder how many users you lose and how many stay on the site forums for less time because of this. This has got to be the ugliest implementation of all this garbage also. Take a look at another high traffic site like dvdtalk. That site makes $$$ and has advertising but a cleaner look. I challenge anyone here to show me a site forums worse than this. And are post it notes so huge with you dish folks. Enough already! Same damn popups loading and I think the users get so pissed they wont deal with those advertisers.

Rob

Sounds like you need something faster than dial-up.:D

Rob
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
images

it took you almost 4 years to bitch about this????? MAN please :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rob

To be honest, as a low post user, I wouldnt worry about it.
I mean I am sure scott and co appreciate you concern, but I am sure, in your 20+ years of internet usage, this place is low on your list, as far as places you visist go. You MUST have places that you visit far more often that you need to give tips on usage to.

We understand, go forth. We WILL make it. I promise.:up

This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on the Internet. Even better then my BBS years. Maybe since the OP has been on the Internet for so long and based on his postings he must surely be one of the first people to start butchering the written word online.

It took him 3 years to make this post cause all the pop-ups and ads for all visitors are all apparently going to his computer, we should thank him for taking the bullet(s) for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)