Here are the photographs of what was sent:
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/dvbw1.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/dvbw2.jpg

http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/dvbw3.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/dvbw4.gif
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/dvbw5.gif

It should look like this, right?
DVBWorld

Three months waiting for this box so I could do a fast blink scan. Argh! I even paid the ridiculous $20 shipping for what is probably $6. Double argh!

It looks like maybe they sent the wrong unit.
So, why are you making a stink about it here on the forum, instead of simply PMing, Emailing, or phoning up Sadoun?
I'm sure they'll take care of it.
Just politely ask to speak to Mr. Sadoun himself.
I have, and he's very pleasant.

I do kinda wonder about the price; Sadoun lists the box you got as $139 regular, and now on sale.
Since I don't know how long both receivers have been on sale, it's possible someone made a mistake based on the price.
But that's just a guess.

The one thing I do notice sometimes about online retailers of hardware is that when there is new model from the manufacturer, it often goes by the same model number (or so close no one notices) and they ship they're old stock when people might be expecting the new version. The retailer should be making sure they're site is up to date but can they realistically do it for every product they sell? On the other hand, this IS the business they are in so it might just be fair to expect them to be up on that stuff.
Doesn't look like what happened here, but quite common. It seems to be something you take a chance on when buying online never to see what your buying. But, its also very misleading when retailers use pictures of a product that isn't necessarily what they're selling. I believe Sadoun is a very respectable online retailer though and there must be some explanation. All it takes is one hung over kid making minimum wage to pick the wrong product and send er' out hehe.

Since Sadoun shows both pictures on his site, I suspect it was simply a mistake in pulling the order, rather than shipping old stock. I've found Sadoun to be very reputable and responsive.
:)

I'm simply warning people to hold off on any orders. But think about it, they had three months to get this right.

Run around already started. Sales claims that is the new 2104D. Forwarded to engineering, got voicemail.

This should be good. You have to wonder how the card reader can be added since there is no port for it.

Run around already started. Sales claims that is the new 2104D. Forwarded to engineering, got voicemail.

This should be good. You have to wonder how the card reader can be added since there is no port for it.

have you tried installing it ? what does the driver label it ?

crackt out,.

Sadoun has had this problem before, and more than once. It's in one of the other DVBWorld threads, when the blind-scanning software was new.

By the way, does ANYBODY know how to get in touch with DVBWorld? I've tried emailing them about issues I'm having with my PCIe-2006 card, and no answer. Hopefully the USB version works better for y'all than the PCIe version works for me, but I can't imagine why there'd be such a difference, wouldn't they be the same hardware except for the interface?

Since I have the C rev (non-blindscan version), I have a power supply. This meant I could attempt to install it without devirginiting the supply in the so-called D rev.

The installtion from CD worked. I got the error message "DVBPlayer MFC Application has stopped working.

Media Center Error in Vista: Tuner Not Installed - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I went to the worlddvb.com.cn website and downloaded the latest drivers from the "softwdown" tab. For some odd reason, this time I got a BSOD. The first ever for win7. However, doing the installation again, the software loaded. Unfortunately, the same error message.

FWIW, it does look like the dvbworld program loads, but whatever window feature it is trying to use isn't working.

From the windows hardware device manager, it sees a "USB 2104 DVB S Box". No C or D rev. The driver version is 3.0.0.1, dated 4/23/2010. The windows automatic driver search indicates I have the best driver. BTW, I'm on win 7 pro 64 bit.

I never used that satellite internet feature on the old 2104C. However, isn't that what the LNBF out connector is for? If so, I just don't see how this unit could possibly be the new 2104D. And wouldn't any competent manufacturer make this the E rev? Surely the change in physical appearance is enough to warrant changing the rev letter.

The mobo for my linux PC decided to blow up the power supply caps, so I can't probe the usb port with more detail. I will put the box on my dual-boot notebook later to see what I can dig up from a hardware inspection.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the vent holes on the C rev unit are gone on this so-called D rev.

I waited around for a call back from engineering, but they didn't call. Obviously this is to be continued.

I installed aida64, which is nearly as good as sniffing with linux. Same device description.
Device ID 04B4-2104
Device Class FF / 00
Manufacturer DVB-Dev
Product: usb2.0 Dev
Supported USB Version 2.00
Current Speed High (USB 2.0)

I have the blindscan capable 2104d model and my results with aida64 are the same as yours.

Device ID 04B4-2104
Device Class FF / 00
Manufacturer DVB-Dev
Product: usb2.0 Dev
Supported USB Version 2.00
Current Speed High (USB 2.0)

Sadoun has had this problem before, and more than once. It's in one of the other DVBWorld threads, when the blind-scanning software was new.

I seem to be the only hit when I search for "DVBPlayer MFC Application". Blindscan itself gets a lot of hits, but I don't see one that is relevant. I do think there is a chance it is a windows issue. Win7 has a ridiculous amount of security settings.

OK, the error message goes away if I run as administrator. Damn this windows security. Unfortunately, my dish is down, so I'll have to set up a portable later to test the blind scan if Sadoun convinces me this is the right unit. I see nothing in the menu indicating a blind scan feature.

When your setting up a satellite in the configuration menu and you hit scan sat a new window should pop up with the following.

"Scan satellite by default"
"Blind scan one satellite"

i think there are issues with the dvbworld products and win7 64 bit. it may be a no signal issue. it was in one of the dvbworld threads. i think it may be titled "dvbworld needs a software update". as for contacting dvbworld... they appear to be mia. they used to post here regularly until their blindscan software came out and have since vanished. it would be nice to have another couple issues resolved with their software, mainly step size in the blindscan versions.

crackt out,.

When your setting up a satellite in the configuration menu and you hit scan sat a new window should pop up with the following.

"Scan satellite by default"
"Blind scan one satellite"

OK, that option is there. I will test it out on a bird tomorrow.

I got a BSOD. The first ever for win7.

Setup: Vista Home Premium: 64 bit on two different computers

BSOD - Yes, it will happen....need to turn off software program before exiting Windows....don't pull USB cord from computer when software is running...

With one computer, I can leave USB plugged in, but with other computer, I must discconect USB cord after I shut it down...otherwise, when it starts up, BIOS has a problem, stalls out, and then my mouse don't work.

I have same unit as in your photo, and received it a few days ago. Works fine on DVB-S...but have not got DVB-S2 signal lock yet. Blind Scan is a slow process if you do a complete satellite, but doing a scan on a transponder is quick.

Same driver: dated 4/23/2010

>Media Center Error in Vista:

I have no idea how you got this....during install, it asked if you wanted to install older Windows Media edition, and maybe direcX...I checked both of those items out.

When your setting up a satellite in the configuration menu

There are two scanning modes:

1. Satellite - Might go to Pizza Hut while this happens

2. Transponder - Quick, after you insert relevant data

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts