This is what Sadoun sent for a DVBWorld 2104D-CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are two scanning modes:

1. Satellite - Might go to Pizza Hut while this happens

2. Transponder - Quick, after you insert relevant data

Isn't the whole point of hardware blindscan to scan a satellite quickly without the transponder setup? If I wanted Piazza Hut mode, I'd do the blindscan from ProgDVB in software with the 2104C I already own.

PS: This satellite tuner does not work in Media Center, So, if you went into Media Center expecting to see something, forget it....have you seen/heard of satellite card setup working in Media Center?

No intent to run media center. That error message was solved when running as administrator.

I had some update really do a number on my desktop. I have to download pdfs before viewing, can't click on Google Earth kmz links, etc. My notebook, also win 7 pro 64 bit, has all the updates, but never got put in that weird uber security mode.

my pcie2006 blindscans a sat in about 2 minutes as a reference (tps only). its faster to scan for tps and then scan the found tps for pids.

crackt out,.

firstly the software has an option to scan range once OR three times. secondly you can scan for transponders only or transponders and pids. since the results never vary for me between one pass and three pass i use the one pass option. also because the software does not always display audio and video for me after a tuning attempt i only scan for transponders and clumsily enter the info into another reciever. scanning to tp.ini or satellite.xml files would have been an awesome feature but was overlooked.

crackt out,.

I phoned Sadoun again. Here is the story on the new 2104D. Gone is card access. There will be or already is a version of the 2104 that uses the C rev chipset that will do CA but not blindscan. The 2104D price has dropped by $20, and they will credit me the difference. DVBWorld uses one box for all the products, so you can't trust the writing on the box. Perhaps it would be better not to put any details on the box then, right?

Regarding the software installation, I had a hell of a time getting it to work on my notebook. Then I remembered the trick about powering down the box before setting it up on another PC. The installation software couldn't find the unit where I just plugged it into the notebook without powering down.

The update satellite function still doesn't work. It can't find the internet, even when running as administrator. I just wish they would publish the data format and let the free market solve the update problem.

Here are the blind scan menus:
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/bs1.gif
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/bs2.gif

I was just going to post that i seen a post on sadouns forum page about the change to the 2104 usb models.

update satellite function...can't find the internet

When installing, Windows Firewall popped up and asked if I wanted to eliminate that program wanting to go online....I turned it off.

There use to be a way to see what Windows Firewall has turned off...but I forgot how to access this listing of blocked items.

When installing, Windows Firewall popped up and asked if I wanted to eliminate that program wanting to go online....I turned it off.

There use to be a way to see what Windows Firewall has turned off...but I forgot how to access this listing of blocked items.

Actually it does work. What I get under win7 is the green circle rotating (like the old hourglass) and a "not responding" in the frame. But if you wait longer, the program comes back and indicates the file was updated.

Of course, I now have a cryptic message to decipher:
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/update_sat.gif

I also have to see if the files actually appear to be up to date.

I also have to see if the files actually appear to be up to date.

I'm curious where actual files are stored...and if one can manually edit them. I've looked in Windows Registry without success, looked thru its installed folders...and can't find anything.

I'm using 64 bit Windows, so maybe they stored files elsewhere...

It would be nice if they spoke English.

I'm curious where actual files are stored...and if one can manually edit them. I've looked in Windows Registry without success, looked thru its installed folders...and can't find anything.

I'm using 64 bit Windows, so maybe they stored files elsewhere...

It would be nice if they spoke English.

what files are you looking for ?

crackt out,.

Wow, I bought one of these DvbWorld USB boxes some time ago and was quite looking forward to using it. Upon spending an awful amount of time fighting with it, drivers, software etc to eventually get it working...I decided to just put it aside and replace it with an actual receiver and never looked back. It seems like there are just endless versions of software, patches drivers etc to get these things working that I don't how everyone perseveres with them. Don't get me wrong, they're neat little contraptions but are people actually liking these things and using them on a regular basis?

DvbWorld USB...It seems like there are just endless versions of software, patches drivers etc...

Installation is not the issue for myself...once a person gets their feet wet, scanning a bird is done within several minutes, and then you can point/shoot channels.

I prefer using a computer based program since my computer is already running, which means a reduction in electricity when compared to a stand alone box.

But, the issue I'm trying to resolve is in using TSReader program. With this device, it can only look at current program being watched. I'm trying to use TSReader to look at transponders that DVB program will not allow to "view." DVB program only shows potential programs you can watch.

Hence, I can not lockin to all transponders with TSReader, since DVB program determines which transponders can be locked in....and TSReader can only see these.

There's no issue here, this USB device works fine, but I want to use TSReader to see transponders that the default DVB program will not tune in cause you can't see them.

One solution, of course, is to get another device, which allows scanning of other transponders...and your box will not allow this via TSReader.

As far as DVB World goes... no, I'm not liking mine. I have the 2006PCIe version, and it's value is very limited. As I posted on another site, this thing takes 60mhz steps during blindscan. The 60mhz blindscan stepping leaves a lot of TPs out.

Some have reported limited sucess with some switches, but none of the switches I tried could be controlled (and I tried several types). I was forced to control the switching with an stb and loop out to the 2006PCIe. Yuck!

If these 2 issues weren't bad enough, the software its self is very clunky... not stream-lined at all. And DVB World doesn't seem to be very enthusiastic about correcting any of this. So no, I'm not very happy with my DVB World product.

Fortunately, they aren't the only game in town. I love my TechnoTrend S2-3200. It may not blindscan, but at least it can control switches. Plus, Its remote control is supported in DVBViewer... very nice.

If you want to be able to record & playback high bitrate feeds without stuttering, and do 4:2:2 with the same unit, PC DVB is the only way to go. Too bad DVB World didn't want to be a serious player in this market.

Cheers

I love my TechnoTrend S2-3200.

Hey, that's great, but the reviewers of this card shared a different opinion than yours. At time of review, they suggested software decoding was only available, and you had to use a different program to view 4:2:2. Life is not a beach, in DVB world...pick/choose...

Like I said, the USB DVBWorld 2104D works fine....I'm trying to use it as a GEEK, scanning transponders, and having an issue which I'm attempting to see if a back door exists.

Anyone know where files are stored for stored channel info?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts