This is what Sadoun sent for a DVBWorld 2104D-CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does ProgDVB appear to use the hardware in the 2104D? You could do a blind scan with the older version of the 2104. The time with the brute force blind scan depends on how you set up the parameters.

I have the same problem with SADOUN. I paid for a DVBWorld 2104D CA&CI USB Box and the sent a Box similar to the 2104C but HD.
Observing the DVBWorld Page, they show the two products as DVB-S2 USB and the description of the first one includes BLIND SCAN, and the second one omits those very important words.

The Sadoun page shows the second product as if it would have BLIN SCAN. I didn´t even use the box because the most important feature i need is the Blind Scan. I have read the first one uses the Montage Demodulator, i don´t know which one has the second one.

I couldn´t have the product changed from Sadoun, what you advice me to do?

I'm surprised they didn't clear up this mess between the two units. I complained and got $20 refund. I hadn't really intended on using the card system. Rather, I just wanted the blind scan.

It might help if you attached a photograph of what your were sent. The new 2104D looks like the old 2104C with the exception that it has no ventilation holes on the side of the box and there is no LNB output. I believe it works slightly better than the 2104C, so the chip set could be different.

While you can blame DVBWorld for their attempts at English (which are probably better than my attempts at Chinese), an importer should really do a better job of presenting the product. China is where you commit fraud, violate patents, etc. It is a lawless country. However, when you sell Chinese products in the US, all the liability in on the US distributor.

Looking for the Rigth Blind Scan HD USB Box

Those ares some pictures of what Sadoun deliver as DVBWorld CA&CI 2104D USB Box:

Attachments

• IMG00814-20110127-0841.JPG
    IMG00814-20110127-0841.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 152
  • DVBWorld 2104D rv (w_o blindscan).jpg
    DVBWorld 2104D rv (w_o blindscan).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DVBWorld 2104D box(w_o blindscan).jpg
    DVBWorld 2104D box(w_o blindscan).jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 146
According to the description gariac gave you have the one that does blind scan.I am not sure which chip the non-blind scan unit uses but the one that does blind scan uses the Montage M88DS000/2.

Yes, I agree that looks like the blind scan version. You can tell if you have blind scan just by running the dvbworld software. You can't get to the blindscan feature if you don't have the hardware.

To elaborate a bit more, there is only one flavor of the dvbworld software. It drives all the usb devices. If you have the blindscan feature, you will be able to access it. If you don't have the feature, you don't get the option.

Check the current price on Sadoun's website. If you paid more than the current price, they will refund the difference...well if you ask. ;-) Hey, it's a fast $20 that you deserve.

This is a screen capture of the 64bit software

Yes, it shows the program is doing nothing, but spinning numbers around.

I used TS Reader and found it was "stuck" on one transponder only.

>ProgDVB

I've done a number of re-installs between 32 bit and 64 bit, but at one time, I got this program to work, and manually scanned a frequency segment OK. Can't remember which bit version of Vista I was using.

I've got a 32 bit XP box that I'm going to setup for scanning purposes only...just have not got around to setting it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)