This might be it

JonE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Denver, CO
This could be the last weekend I have Dish Network unless a miracle happens with money. I am on a 2-year commitment so I know its not going to be cheap. I just wonder how much the actual cost will be when I do cancel. Or if I could somehow find a way to remove the premiums (including the HBO-Starz deal) to make it a little cheaper monthly and not have to pay termination charges since I'll still be under contract. Just not with any premiums.

Try e mailing CEO@ECHOSTAR.COM

Given the drop in sub numbers keeping you in a cheaper package will likely be better than losing you forever.

The economy is a real drag. be prepared to explain what happened like job loss, hours cut etc

best wishes for better times ahead

You could drop the premiums and more without affecting your contract. There's a minimum package that you have to subscribe. What package do you currently have?

And even if he was like on a "Gold" package and drops to a "Bronze", the worst that they can ding him is the $5 "service fee" no?

I'm on HD Absolute with the 4 premiums for $40. I got on the HBO/Starz 3 months free promotion, and those 3 months are up. My bill went from about $55 to $95 a month.

I did just that and saved $40. Now down to about $45 a month. Even with the upcoming price increase and eventual switch to Turbo it won't be near as bad.

I called customer service to do it, and they were very helpful and quick about it. But you could feasibly do it online.

No, to cancel anything you have to call. You can only add programming online.

Ed

Not true. And if the automatic thing doesn't work, there's chat.

I will never call DISH again...using chat is so easy and quick. The guy I had was polite, did what I asked, and did it right. No sales pitch, no inane BS.

I'm on HD Absolute with the 4 premiums for $40. I got on the HBO/Starz 3 months free promotion, and those 3 months are up. My bill went from about $55 to $95 a month.
If you're trying to cut expenses and live on a budget, don't switch from Absolute HD! You won't be able to get it back, because they don't offer it any more unless you are one of the lucky ones who already have it. $29.99 + $5.00 for the locals comes out to $37.44 with taxes where I live. I guess you're paying for an extra receiver or a DVR fee to get it up to $45. Luckily, I own my Vip 211 and external hard drive, so I don't have to pay any monthly fees for the DVR. The Absolute HD package is VERY inexpensive for what you get. Don't make a decision that causes you to lose it forever. I'll keep Absolute HD until Charlie takes it away from me, at which point I'll probably drop Dish entirely and buy a free-to-air receiver and OTA antenna. It's getting to the point where many of us have to watch every penny, and pay tv is a luxury, whether we admit it or not. I know people who don't own a TV, and actually still enjoy life.

I been thinking about dropping the movies from AEP. Can someone explain in detail how to drop programming online. I'm not understanding it. Do I just uncheck what I don't want?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)