Status
Please reply by conversation.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
I have a 3D ready Mitsubishi 73837 TV.

I just hooked up a 3DC-1000 Starter Pack and I'm sure it's all hooked up properly.

I cannot get this off my Directv receiver:

"This program cannot be viewed because this tv is not 3d capable"

But the TV is capable.

Anyone get one of these hooked up on a Mitsubishi TV?

Thanks,

Dennis

I have a 3D ready Mitsubishi 73837 TV.

I just hooked up a 3DC-1000 Starter Pack and I'm sure it's all hooked up properly.

I cannot get this off my Directv receiver:

"This program cannot be viewed because this tv is not 3d capable"

But the TV is capable.

Anyone get one of these hooked up on a Mitsubishi TV?

Thanks,

Dennis

What recvr are you using and is it 3 D compatible ?

It is compatible else I would not be getting the message. It's the black box and Directv said it was a 3D box.

It is compatible else I would not be getting the message. It's the black box and Directv said it was a 3D box.

sure you would, I have a HR20 that gets the same message I know the box does not get 3d and the TV it's on doesn;t either.

What recvr do you have, there are 4 different models that are black.

Is there a setting in the TV that allows it ?
Does D* have to activate something first ?

Come to think of it, I think all the recvrs are capable from the 21's and up.

All I can tell you is Directv said it was a 3D box.

The TV has a 3D setting and it's set.

I spent an hour on the phone with Directv.

Hold the 'info' button on your remote while pointing it at the receiver. After about 5 seconds a System Info and Test screen will pop up and it will tell you what type of receiver you have.

For example.....HR22/100

All I can tell you is Directv said it was a 3D box.

The TV has a 3D setting and it's set.

I spent an hour on the phone with Directv.
Open up the panel on the bottom right front of the box and it will tell you the model. It will say HR2__ or H2___ something, followed by another 3 digit number.

Or you can do what the post above says

Yep...That box is 3D capable.

You may not have the latest software, so here is what you do to force a software download.

Open up that same front panel and press the red button. Once the welcome screen comes up, press 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote (those 5 numbers in that order). It should then force a software update. This will take a while (several minutes)

And they said they were very new to 3D and told me to contact Mitsubushi (they will not be open until Monday).

And they said they were very new to 3D and told me to contact Mitsubushi (they will not be open until Monday).

Interesting ....

Keep us updated.

Is there a setting in the TV menus designating 2D and 3D ?

The message on the screen usually tells you what the issue is.
When I turn on 103 on my HR20 (non 3D recvr) I get the info on the screen that says

"The program cannot be viewed because this recvr and TV are not 3D capable"

Now when I go to 103 on the HR24 ( 3D capable) it says.

"The program cannot be viewed as the TV is not 3D capable"

Note the difference.

Last edited:
Did you get the 3D kit from Mitsubishi that's extra. There is a 3D emitter, that hooks up via cable to the 3D port on the back of the Mitsubishi TV as well as the HDMI slot on the tv. The box sends out a signal to the glasses, for poloarization or something like that. I do know its like 400 bucks though. With out it you wont be able to view 3d, as it hooks up from D* reciver via HDMI to Misubishi 3d box, then to 3d TV via HDMI and 3D cable.

Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D Starter Pack#

Q1: I have a 2007 - 2009 Mitsubishi 3D Ready TV. How do I get to watch 3D on these TVs?

A1: In order to enjoy 3D movies, 3D games, and 3D broadcast content on 2007-2009 3D Ready Mitsubishi TVs, owners can purchase the new Mitsubishi 3D Adapter , 3D eyewear and emitter and a source device (such as a 3D Blu-ray player, set-top cable box, etc), or the Mitsubishi 3D Starter Pack that includes a 3D Adapter, 2 pair of 3D eyewear and matching emitter. The 3D Adapter is designed to accept all of the HDMI 1.4a required and several of the optional 3D signals for the USA and convert those to the checkerboard format required by the Mitsubishi 3D Ready TVs. If your 3D source device (such as your 3D Blu-ray player, cable box or satellite receiver) is able to send a 3D signal already in the checkerboard format, you will only need 3D eyewear and matching emitter or DLP Link 3D eyewear that does not require an emitter. Please check the specifications for the 3D source device for the types of 3D signals it provides. Some Blu-ray players and PC drivers are able to provide checkerboard format 3D signals.

Q1A: What models of Mitsubishi TVs are compatible with the Mitsubishi 3D Adapter?

A1A: The models listed below:

* WD-57833 — (the feature is named FX Gaming)
* WD-65833 — (the feature is named FX Gaming)
* WD-73833 — (the feature is named FX Gaming)

* WD-60735
* WD-60C8
* WD-65735
* WD-65736
* WD-65835
* WD-65C8
* WD-73735
* WD-73736
* WD-73835
* WD-73C8
* L65-A90

* WD-60737
* WD-60C9
* WD-65737
* WD-65837
* WD-65C9
* WD-73737
* WD-73837
* WD-73C9
* WD-82737
* WD-82837

* WD-60638
* WD-60C10
* WD-60738
* WD-65638
* WD-65C10
* WD-65738
* WD-65838
* WD-73638
* WD-73C10
* WD-73738
* WD-73838
* WD-82738
* WD-82838
* L75-A91

Mitsubishi TV - 3D Home Cinema TV

Yep...That box is 3D capable.

You may not have the latest software, so here is what you do to force a software download.

Open up that same front panel and press the red button. Once the welcome screen comes up, press 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote (those 5 numbers in that order). It should then force a software update. This will take a while (several minutes)

And do it well before 11 PM or tomorrow, no need to get a CE update instead, if there is one for his box tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)