Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
i got the hr22-100 also, and it gives me the same message.

If you have a 3D TV it should give you a slightly different message.

The message on the screen usually tells you what the issue is.
When I turn on 103 on my HR20 (non 3D recvr) I get the info on the screen that says

"The program cannot be viewed because this recvr and TV are not 3D capable"

Now when I go to 103 on the HR24 ( 3D capable) it says.

"The program cannot be viewed as the TV is not 3D capable"

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Is that why in the same link that you posted it mentioned 1.4 HDMI cables ?

Check on the lower left side of the page.

Doesn't say cables are 1.4. What HDMI says is that the 1.4 specification defines new cable naming which are standard and high speed, and that is all. With that comes ethernet which can be available in both cables. It also specifies new micro connectors for cars, etc. here is the official HDMI PDF which references the removal of all version numbers from HDMI cables by the beginniing oif 2012 including newly manufactured cables having to begin now. Any CAT2 cable can meet the basic high speed needs of 1.4 specification including 3D, 4Kx2K, etc.

http://www.hdmi.org/download/guidelines/2009_11_18_RevisedTradeLogo_Guidelines_FINAL_a.pdf

S~

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Doesn't say cables are 1.4. What HDMI says is that the 1.4 specification defines new cable naming which are standard and high speed, and that is all. With that comes ethernet which can be available in both cables. It also specifies new micro connectors for cars, etc. here is the official HDMI PDF which references the removal of all version numbers from HDMI cables by the beginniing oif 2012 including newly manufactured cables having to begin now. Any CAT2 cable can meet the basic high speed needs of 1.4 specification including 3D, 4Kx2K, etc.

http://www.hdmi.org/download/guidelines/2009_11_18_RevisedTradeLogo_Guidelines_FINAL_a.pdf

S~
So is the . whatever just showing that the cable handles more medias

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
OP,

Make sure you are running directly from the receiver to the TV and not through a receiver.

S~

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
So is the . whatever just showing that the cable handles more medias

A labeled CAT2 1.3 cable handles exactly the same thing as a High Speed cable. A High speed cable can be also have optional ethernet connectivity as can a standard speed cable. Standard speed cables are only rated for 720p and 1080i, but can handle 1080p in short runs under 6'. There are no, and will not be, any 1.4 labeled cable. As of now all cables are sold and packaged as high speed or standard speed. As of 2012 all references to a version, 1.0, 1.1, 1.3 must be stripped off of the physical cable. CAT2 cables handle 10Ghz.

S~

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
A labeled CAT2 1.3 cable handles exactly the same thing as a High Speed cable. A High speed cable can be also have optional ethernet connectivity as can a standard speed cable. Standard speed cables are only rated for 720p and 1080i, but can handle 1080p in short runs under 6'. There are no, and will not be, any 1.4 labeled cable. As of now all cables are sold and packaged as high speed or standard speed. As of 2012 all references to a version, 1.0, 1.1, 1.3 must be stripped off of the physical cable. CAT2 cables handle 10Ghz.

S~

Thanks for the info :up

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
OP, see what version of the firmware your TV has. Apparently the newest version for your model is V41 11.02. It's very possible you need the update, but is only provided by Mitsubishi support. When you call have your s/n and model ready.

The only problem is it can be hard getting them to send you the firmware update as the issue you present to them has to match a known issue in their database. So good luck with that. I can tell you a firmware update for my Toshiba TV fixed the HDMI handshake issue I was having.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
OP, see what version of the firmware your TV has. Apparently the newest version for your model is V41 11.02. It's very possible you need the update, but is only provided by Mitsubishi support. When you call have your s/n and model ready.

The only problem is it can be hard getting them to send you the firmware update as the issue you present to them has to match a known issue in their database. So good luck with that. I can tell you a firmware update for my Toshiba TV fixed the HDMI handshake issue I was having.

Is this type of update not available online from the Mitsubishi website ?

I know when I got my Pioneer Elite, I registered it created an account with Pioneer and am able to go into the site and see if the TV has any updates available and can download them onto my computer and put them on a jump drive and get it to my TV that way.

It might eliminate waiting for them to understand what your talking about.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Is this type of update not available online from the Mitsubishi website ?

Apparently not. They actually send you a 'bootable' USB drive with new firmware on it. I read on another forum that if you can find the proper firmware that someone uploaded online you will have to use a specific software to make it bootable.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Apparently not. They actually send you a 'bootable' USB drive with new firmware on it. I read on another forum that if you can find the proper firmware that someone uploaded online you will have to use a specific software to make it bootable.

See, mine on the Pioneer website was downloadable as well, if you could not get it that way they would mail me a jump drive and could do it when it got here.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US

Yes, I've been looking around and I may need an update. I guess I'll find out Monday.

Thanks

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
FYI I was looking that the manual for the new mistubishi tv's and you might have to turn on 3d mode in order to see 3d. from the manual:

The 3d mode setting is memorized for each input. When you want to watch non-3d video on the input selected abve, open the picture>3D mode menu and set the 3D mode to off.

Sounds like you might have to go in the menu to turn on 3d mode on and off. It looks like the newer tvs support all 3d modes, you just have to set it in the menu's as well as have the adapter.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
FYI I was looking that the manual for the new mistubishi tv's and you might have to turn on 3d mode in order to see 3d. from the manual:

Sounds like you might have to go in the menu to turn on 3d mode on and off. It looks like the newer tvs support all 3d modes, you just have to set it in the menu's as well as have the adapter.

Thats kinds what I was trying to say earlier.
I know the set that I was playing with awhile back, you had to turn the 3D on or it would be 2D instead.

I don't have the manual for the TV he's got, it is a 2009 TV set, that much I do know, at least it was originally produced then.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
Just talked to the Mitsubishi tech support (was disconnected only once), and after some persuasion, they agreed to send me the software upgrade for my TV.

So I need to wait for it to arrive on a memory stick to see if that fixed the problem.

BTW, the Mits tech person tried to tell me it is all Directv's problem. I then explained to him that these devices all talk to each other via the HDMI cable and it is possible the software upgrade could help.

I had the same conversation with a Directv tech guy. He insisted the HDMI only sent information to the TV. He also insisted the message originated in my TV and not the Directv box.

I know this is off topic, but I once had a Directv person tell me the guide was so slow because so many people were using it at the same time.

I guess you cannot train everyone on everything.

If I get this all working I start a new thread and explain what I had to do.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Dennis

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2008
USA
That's great. I have a feeling that will resolve your issue. I might be a little over optimistic, but it fixed my HDMI issue and remote commands from the D* remote.

If that doesn't do it, I would make sure you have a 1.4 HDMI cable as well.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Just talked to the Mitsubishi tech support (was disconnected only once), and after some persuasion, they agreed to send me the software upgrade for my TV.

So I need to wait for it to arrive on a memory stick to see if that fixed the problem.

BTW, the Mits tech person tried to tell me it is all Directv's problem. I then explained to him that these devices all talk to each other via the HDMI cable and it is possible the software upgrade could help.

I had the same conversation with a Directv tech guy. He insisted the HDMI only sent information to the TV. He also insisted the message originated in my TV and not the Directv box.

I know this is off topic, but I once had a Directv person tell me the guide was so slow because so many people were using it at the same time.

I guess you cannot train everyone on everything.

If I get this all working I start a new thread and explain what I had to do.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Dennis

I find it odd and frustrating that you buy their TV and ASK for a firmware update and they are more worried about telling you its not their problem than just sending you the update.

These things should be online and available at once.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts