This program cannot be viewed because this tv is not 3d capable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looking at my HDMI cables I do not see anything that tells what version they are.

HDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia doesn't tell me either.

How can I tell?

This cable should do what you need it to do.

For only $2.51 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6FT 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

Just make sure it says supports 3D and wouldn't hurt to get the "certified" one as linked. $3.04 plus shipping.

The HDMI cables I have say on the side, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.

How old are they? Where did you buy them? My guess if it doesn't say anything it could be 1.0.

I'm looking at the cable that came with the 3DC-1000 3D box. No markings or printed text on it that gives me any idea.

Looking at other cables I cannot find anything either. I've had some of these awhile.

Looks that will handle it. Keep us updated once you get those and the update going.

Same as always, "program cannot be viewed because TV is not 3D capable"

Waiting on the software upgrade for the TV to show up.

It IS a TV problem or your recvr would tell you that neither one is ready.

I got curious reading this thread and decided to post my situation. I have an HR21 and a Vizio VM230XVT here in the bedroom. When I click on a 3d channel I get the picture, like picture in picture, only side by side (2 identical images). I read about my tv on their website and it does not mention it being 3D capable. Not sure what a 3D image should look like without the glasses and what not. Just wanted to post since I do not get any of the mesages mentioned in this thread. I am using the hdmi cable that came with the tv.

Same as always, "program cannot be viewed because TV is not 3D capable"

Waiting on the software upgrade for the TV to show up.
Hope that fixes it. If not, you may want to contact DirecTV and tell them your receiver is not working at all and you need a replacement. Make sure you tell them you want 3D so they do not send you an HR20. HR21 through HR24 will all work for 3D

I got curious reading this thread and decided to post my situation. I have an HR21 and a Vizio VM230XVT here in the bedroom. When I click on a 3d channel I get the picture, like picture in picture, only side by side (2 identical images). I read about my tv on their website and it does not mention it being 3D capable. Not sure what a 3D image should look like without the glasses and what not. Just wanted to post since I do not get any of the mesages mentioned in this thread. I am using the hdmi cable that came with the tv.

Are you sure your not looking at Picture in picture.

3D without glasses would be something like this (see attached)

Attachments

• u23d-without-glasses.jpg
    u23d-without-glasses.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 106
When I click on a 3d channel I get the picture, like picture in picture, only side by side (2 identical images). I read about my tv on their website and it does not mention it being 3D capable. Not sure what a 3D image should look like without the glasses and what not.

What you're seeing is the 3-D side-by-side format the receiver sends to the TV, each image is slightly different for each eye. A 3-D TV will expand and use each image successively in conjunction with shutter glasses to show you the 3-D effect.

This is turning into a nightmare. I got the software upgrade yesterday and attempted to install it but it made my TV crash.

The people at Mitsubishi support are in Manila and are very limited in their knowledge of anything. Talking to them is like nailing Jello to the wall.

So now I'm waiting on some local tech people to come and look at the TV. I hope they do not want to remove the TV from my home.

I feel strongly they gave me the wrong software.

Does anyone know of a site where I can download the software for my WD-73837 ?

Thanks

What you're seeing is the 3-D side-by-side format the receiver sends to the TV, each image is slightly different for each eye. A 3-D TV will expand and use each image successively in conjunction with shutter glasses to show you the 3-D effect.

Returning back to catch any replies, and thought I'd try a pair of these rinky dink 3D glasses I have from a blu ray. Turned on my system just now shortly before 5:00 pm eastern, and the 3d channels aren't even in the guide now. Can't bring them up manually either. Whats up with that???

To Jimbo,

My TV doesn't have pic in pic.

Last edited:
Returning back to catch any replies, and thought I'd try a pair of these rinky dink 3D glasses I have from a blu ray. Turned on my system just now shortly before 5:00 pm eastern, and the 3d channels aren't even in the guide now. Can't bring them up manually either. Whats up with that???

To Jimbo,

My TV doesn't have pic in pic.

Neat trick then !

The 3D glasses have to sync up with the particular TV set, can't use Glasses from Mitsubishi on a Sony set (example).

Different sync rates.

It's now working. No more message! The correct software upgrade fixed it.

Many wasted hours talking to tech support people who do not know what they are talking about.

It seems they sent me the correct software but one of the files was corrupted.

I compared the replacement software with what Mitsubishi sent me on the memory stick and everything was identical. I simply copied over the memory stick with the new software and it's now working.

One way that shows the software needs upgrading: Before the software upgrade the Directv guide was all mixed up and almost impossible to read when on a 3D channel and with the TV in 3D mode.

Now with the new software the guide is legible on a 3D channel with the TV in 3D mode, even with out the 3D glasses.

Bottom Line: You need the latest software and 1.4 HDMI cables.

Many wasted hours talking to tech support people who do not know what they are talking about.

It seems they sent me the correct software but one of the files was corrupted.

I compared the replacement software with what Mitsubishi sent me on the memory stick and everything was identical. I simply copied over the memory stick with the new software and it's now working.

One way that shows the software needs upgrading: Before the software upgrade the Directv guide was all mixed up and almost impossible to read when on a 3D channel and with the TV in 3D mode.

Now with the new software the guide is legible on a 3D channel with the TV in 3D mode, even with out the 3D glasses.

So it turns out it was a TV Software issue .

Glad to see you got it going :)

Firmware update strikes again! Good deal. It sucks you had to go through what you did, but it ended up working in the end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)