This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep looks like they have pulled everywhere but 101. and the metv on 118.8.

I don't get it why I can get 99w just fine, I mean like really, really strong. I bump it over a notch and I can pick up only the religious channels on 101, I can not at all get Me or This on 101.
I'm using my meter to blind scan the satellite. My Openbox S10 died so now it's a real pain without a decent STB tuner.. :(

I don't get it why I can get 99w just fine, I mean like really, really strong. I bump it over a notch and I can pick up only the religious channels on 101, I can not at all get Me or This on 101.
I'm using my meter to blind scan the satellite. My Openbox S10 died so now it's a real pain without a decent STB tuner.. :(
try entering the transponders manually and blind scan.

try entering the transponders manually and blind scan.

I did that all night long.

I tried blind scanning with three different tuners, I tried moving the dish one degree at a time and rescanning. I entered things by hand and scanned.
Somehow I managed to beat the Openbox like a piñata and it started working again. So I have been using it to do the deep/thorough scan or whatever it's called.

I can get GLC, GEB, Daystar and a few other channels. They come in like a champ. But I can not at all get Me or This.
I move over a little and I get everything on 99w, plus some unlisted stuff.. I go the other way and I can get stuff on 103w.

But the stuff I really want, it's not there.

And I'm using a 10' dish that I've been getting EVERYTHING on 87w with for over a year. Even the hard to get S2 Luken stuff was coming in great.
This makes no sense to me.

I hate this with a passion. The local OTA of MeTV s*cks. The picture quality is rotten, the signal is weak and I'm unable to receive it more than I can receive. It's an easy 60% down time.
And yes, I have the weak OTA channels deleted from my tuners, I am tuned to the stronger of the two signals. Let's not rehash that. :deadhorse:

I can not get ThisTV from Lake Charles, it's too far away.

So I'm really frickin angry over this STUPID move they made. I've lost my two primary channels.
And Dish Network scr*wed me by yanking four channels that I really like too.
I'm losing on every front now. This is enough to make me just smash it all and drag it to the curb with my mower. :mad:

I'm going to get some sleep and maybe lightning will hit this junk and my problems will be over. :mad:

Idiots...... I hate this whole frickin mess....

Remember now that those channels changed transponders since first appearing on 101W. Now at these coordinates :)
THIS 3953 V 2734
ME 3974 V 5924

I cant get Me TV or This TV on SES 2 or on AMC 1. Two great channels I will miss. At least I know it is not my equipment.

Paul

:welcome to Satelliteguys wpcj!!!!!!

I get here fine on the 6' $69 special and the 8 footer of coarse.

I tried blind scanning with three different tuners, I tried moving the dish one degree at a time and rescanning. I entered things by hand and scanned.
Somehow I managed to beat the Openbox like a piñata and it started working again. So I have been using it to do the deep/thorough scan or whatever it's called.

I can get GLC, GEB, Daystar and a few other channels. They come in like a champ. But I can not at all get Me or This.
I move over a little and I get everything on 99w, plus some unlisted stuff.. I go the other way and I can get stuff on 103w.
If you manually enter the transponder for MeTV and tweak the dish it should come in fine. The coordinates were posted in post 206 from Magic Static.

And I'm using a 10' dish that I've been getting EVERYTHING on 87w with for over a year. Even the hard to get S2 Luken stuff was coming in great.
10 foot dish doesnt have the bleedover effect that 6 foot dishes do. It takes more precise aiming on the 10 footer :)

I hate this with a passion. The local OTA of MeTV s*cks. The picture quality is rotten, the signal is weak and I'm unable to receive it more than I can receive. It's an easy 60% down time.
And yes, I have the weak OTA channels deleted from my tuners, I am tuned to the stronger of the two signals. Let's not rehash that. :deadhorse:
yet you just did :rolleyes:
So I'm really frickin angry over this STUPID move they made. I've lost my two primary channels.
And Dish Network scr*wed me by yanking four channels that I really like too.
I'm losing on every front now. This is enough to make me just smash it all and drag it to the curb with my mower. :mad:

I'm going to get some sleep and maybe lightning will hit this junk and my problems will be over. :mad:
we can only hope :rolleyes:

I guess you keep forgetting that with FTA in most cases WE ARE NOT THE INTENDED AUDIENCE!
Weigel probably decided to move to 101W for more of a centralized location so affiliates have an easier time of grabbing it. Checking as example Both Anchorage and Honolulu have a affiliation with MeTV and Thistv.
87W was a 9 degree elevation in HI and a 4 elevation in Anchorage
101W is a 22 elevation in HI and a 10 in Anchorage (hey every little bit helps)

Also the west coast feeds too it would be easier to grab 101 than 87.

I did that all night long.

I hate this with a passion. s*cks. rotten, Let's not rehash that. :deadhorse:

So I'm really frickin angry STUPID
And Dish Network scr*wed me

maybe lightning will hit this junk and my problems will be over. :mad:

Dee, this is a hobby. It's supposed to be FUN! Watching tv is secondary. You need this: Anger Management Techniques - YouTube This is fully offered to you in respect, the below is why:

I just went through a heart catheterization, which wasn't fun (they found no blockage, I have Pericarditis, which mimics heart trouble). We had a woman I've known for 23 years at work have a massive heart attack, and drop dead at age 45. She had NO symptoms, but was under high stress all the time. When I was in the hospital, I mentioned this to the nurse. She said that women from age 38 on, are dropping dead from heart attacks all the time! I had another female co-worker age 52 just have a STROKE and she's now paralysed on the right side. She used to fly off the handle at work all the time, and flip out JUST LIKE YOU DO!

Let the anger go. It means NOTHING, and all it does is poison your soul.

Lighten up and have FUN again. You've done MORE and learned more about dishes and this stuff the last year something, than many people ever have, and never will. You are already a part of an "elite" group of hobbyists. Be proud of all that, and give yourself a pat on the back for the triumphs you've mastered during these learning curves.

Take a deep breath, and let the anger wash out of you.....

Last edited:

But the stuff I really want, it's not there.

Sometimes we can get frustrated but damn dont sweat the small stuff (the fact its 100 here today I am sweating even the small stuff) ;)
Dee honestly getting angry gets you nowhere. Been there done that. Just go inside for an hour, have your favorite cold drink (be it water, tea, pop, beer, whiskey, kool aid, whatever) and just kinda think "ok what have I tried that didnt work"...maybe post a question on the board (not a angry post about it not working) to see if someone else has a suggestion. If you're trying to get something new and it comes and goes maybe verify its there (which in this case it is there) and take it slow.

I dont know if you are manually moving the dish or if it is being moved by the actuator. Here is what I did to lock them. Now on a 10 footer this may be different than my 6 footer as the 6 footer gets bleedover.

I locked 99W...I used the GDMX channels (3820 V 26000) or World Harvest (4000 H 26400)
I manually added MeTV's transponder (again posted in post 206) in the 101 satellite list
slowly move the dish west. Try and monkey with the skew.
If you lock the other stuff then you have to go back towards 99W

One thing I noticed on the 6 footer is if GEB (Golden Eagles) is maxed quality wise, MeTV doesnt come in. If I peak it on MeTV then ThisTV comes in too and GEB is a smidge lower qulaity (but still very stable....I'm talking from a 80 quality to a 65 or so)

again the key word is PATIENCE

It's okay to vent, sometimes a forum is all we have.

That said, I (and a lot of us here) hope you (Dee) don't take this too seriously.

Breathe!

And yes, you've learned so much about this hobby! So much that others will never know or experience -- remember "it's easy when you know what you're doing"!

If you are no longer having fun with any hobby Dee, it is time for a new one. A hobby is supposed to be something fun and relaxing. ;)

Hey Dee . I retired last year , and am able to spend more time with this hobby. I find as much or more fun in the looking , than the watching . This has been an informative and interesting site , and , has always been there for me. What they are saying is absolutely true. Relax and enjoy the ride. Sure we have pay satellites , but ...... boring. I only have KU access , and wish I had C band , but , that's not ever gonna happen. Remember people are important , things come and go . Smile ....It no going broke your face.

Because of tree issues, which is now no longer an issue, thanks to lightning knocking down most of the offending branches, I couldn't get anything east of 105W, except in the winter. But I could only see to about 91W tho. Never could see 87W. My true south is around 95W. But I couldn't even see signals on that bird in order to get my true south correct. What I'm getting at, I basically had to track my dish only using 137W to 105W.

Now that I can see 87W, I have no issues whatsoever with the Lufken S2 feeds at 87W. I think I can even get a few signals with a 9/10 FEC, and this is with a 7 and 1/2 footer. So it sounds like to me that your tracking may be a little off, or maybe the skew. These feeds in question, the ones at 101W...these come in like a charm here in Texarkana.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why METV is watched so much. Most of the programs suck IMO. I was born in 58, so I grew up with most of those shows. But I never did care much for I Love Lucy, or MASH, or Hogan's Heroes, or That Girl, or The Mary Tyler Moore Show, or The Dick Van Dyke Show, etc. Heck, I'd rather watch stuff like the Munsters, or Mr. Ed, or The Flintstones, or The Streets of San Fransisco, or Sanford and Son, or Wagon Train, or The High Clappered, or The Virginian, or The Invaders, or The FBI, etc...lol. But I don't think any of those shows are on METV, THISTV, nor any of the Lufkin channels, so I don't really watch those channels as much as others probably do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)